WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slow Mega download speed

Posted by tamashika 
Slow Mega download speed
July 03, 2014 01:06AM
If i directly download from mega, I have about 125kB/s download speed (full),
but when I use FreeRapid Downloader to download the same file, I only have 10kB/s.
Am I the only one having this problem? How do I solve it?
example link: [mega.co.nz]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2014 01:08AM by tamashika.
Re: Slow Mega download speed
July 03, 2014 11:54AM
I've just tried to download using mega plugin, and I got full speed. Maybe they have busy hours - happy hours policy? I'm not familiar with mega.
July 04, 2014 05:16AM

The first one is FreeRapid Downloader, second one is chrome, third one is MegaDownloader. After comparing these three downloaders, FreeRapid Downloader is the slowest, and both chrome and MegaDownloader have similar downloading speed, so I think there might be some problems for the mega plugin.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2014 05:30AM by tamashika.
July 04, 2014 11:50AM
Here is my screenshot:

Apparently you are not the only one : [wordrider.net]

It's probably some program that interferes connection between FRD and mega server. Are you using antivirus, firewall? If so, make sure FRD in the whitelist. Are you using proxy in FRD? If so, try using direct connection (without proxy).

If you have another PC with different setup (different antivirus or firewall or operating system) with the same internet connection, maybe you can test by downloading from mega with FRD in that PC.

Does it happen only for mega, how about other hosts?
July 04, 2014 04:49PM
I am not using proxy, but I do use ESET Smart Security.

So far I only found mega's speed is limited, so I do not think ESET is blocking FreeRapid Downloader's connection.

There was a time I used FreeRapid Downloader to download from mega and did not get limited with exactly the same setting and security program.
July 04, 2014 09:52PM
Some security program sometimes behaves differently in different update versions, so I think it's possible that in current update version the security program interferes connection between FRD and mega. I know nothing about ESET, I've never installed it.

You can test whether the "x-factor" is ESET by temporarily disabling it before downloading from mega.
July 08, 2014 05:25AM
I diabled ESET and even uninstalled it to test this, but the slow downloading speed remain. Maybe it's mega having the problem :(

Do you have the same problem? I can't really tell from the screenshot you posted.
July 08, 2014 11:46AM
tamashika Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you have the same problem? I can't really tell
> from the screenshot you posted.

No, I don't, I got (and still get) full speed. Make sure you have "Global speed limit" disabled. Does it happen for the other hosts (youtube, etc)?
July 08, 2014 09:22PM
I didn't disable it (i don't know how), but i don't think it matters because other hosts (including youtube) do not have this problem.
July 10, 2014 12:10PM
I still can't reproduce the case. This case is interesting because unlike other hosts, mega encrypts the stream, so mega plugin has to decrypt the stream.

Can you answer ntoskrnl's question:
Can you check in Task Manager if some resources are exhausted during the download? High CPU or memory usage for example?

What is your system specification (CPU, memory, operating system, java version)?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login