BBC radio iplayer

Posted by micky 
PS
March 03, 2015 06:32PM
Here is one of the radio programme I have been trying to download:

[www.bbc.co.uk]
Re: BBC radio iplayer
March 04, 2015 10:38AM
I forgot that BBC plugin only supports RTMP. The radio programme you were trying to download only provides non-RTMP stream, if you are not using UK IP address.

If you use UK IP address (or via proxy, or VPN, or TOR, etc), you'll find 2 RTMP streams : 48 Kbps, and 128 Kbps, supplied by limelight.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2015 10:42AM by tong2shot.
March 04, 2015 10:54AM
Thanks again.

'Options' on bbc plugins does not now seem to be functioning and I therefore cannot change Kbps.

When I downloaded the latest version of FRD my antivirus programme detected something and shutdown the computer. Perhaps this has something to do with the latest problem. It had been working fine up until Monday night, so I find it hard to understand why it all suddenly went pear-shaped.
March 04, 2015 11:11AM
The quality selection on BBC plugin's option is for TV programmes. For radio the plugin will choose the highest bitrate.

If you downloaded from official download page: [wordrider.net], it's safe, just make sure the MD5 hash of file you downloaded matches with the one stated on the official download page.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2015 11:12AM by tong2shot.
March 04, 2015 11:38AM
Hi again Tongshot

Well I've deleted the last version I downloaded and started again.

There was still a threat warning which I overruled.

No change unfortunately and the OPTIONS button for bbc plugins still won't respond. What's gone wrong?
March 04, 2015 11:51AM
You are probably using outdated BBC plugin supplied from the downloaded file. Update your plugins: Help -> Check for new plugins.
March 04, 2015 12:02PM
Yes I checked immediately for new plugins and there are none: the freshly downloaded file is identical to the deleted one

I have also rebooted to see if that affects anything.

This is the first time that the Options button on BBC plugins preferences has failed to respond.
March 04, 2015 12:13PM
Can you explain more about : "has failed to respond"?

Is the 'Options' button enabled or disabled (greyed out)?
March 04, 2015 12:21PM
No it's not greyed out.

When I click on it, it sort of shudders but does not open up the options.

Everything else appears normal in that I can download from YouTube etc, but BBC radio and TV just show an immediate ERROR message and a renewal countdown of 1.30 which can be reduced to 4 secs by the resume button.
March 04, 2015 12:34PM
That's weird. Can you attach app.log? There is probably something in the log that can explain that behavior.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login