WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

hugefiles.net captcha problem

Posted by tommytom 
hugefiles.net captcha problem
December 25, 2014 09:02PM
Not a huge problem, but instead of a real captcha, you get an image that just says "click the answer to reveal code" or something along those lines.

After just hitting enter and getting a new captcha request, you get a valid one (may take a few tries), but maybe we can make this automatic or get the correct captcha challenge for that?

Thanks.
Re: hugefiles.net captcha problem
December 27, 2014 05:32PM
Hey man, how are you doing?

I couldn't reproduce the issue (just got a regular "type in the text" solvemedia or recaptcha all the time). I'm not sure if it will be useful, but perhaps you can snag a screenshot if you encounter it again.
December 28, 2014 10:11PM

Been alright. Busy.
December 28, 2014 11:00PM
This seems to be an issue in the SolveMedia captcha plugin (they probably changed something). I googled the phrase and found this picture:

The ads they show in the captchas might be regional.

Maybe tong2shot can take a look when he has time as he's the author of the solvemedia plugin. smiling smiley
January 01, 2015 12:17AM
Like I said, not a big deal. Just letting you guys know. I dunno if it has bothered anyone else. I know from experience you can just hit enter/ok and get a new challenge and that worked fine after a few tries. I'm sure there are more important things to worry about. I barely use filesharing sites these days and this came up.

Excuse to pop in and say hi, I suppose. ;)

Happy new year!
January 05, 2015 10:55PM
Our solvemedia captcha plugin try to mimic the javascript behaviour, but unfortunately it's imperfect, thus the bug. There is also non-javascript method, but it hasn't been implemented yet. The advantages of JS mimicking is that the plugin can auto recognize the captcha on some occasions, also supports HTML canvas captcha. But that advantages have long gone, since we replaced the plugin user agent from Opera to Firefox.

So to fix the bug, we need to rewrite the plugin from scratch using non-JS method. It hasn't been done, because as you said you can just press enter to regenerate captcha image alias I'm too lazy to rewrite the plugin.
January 09, 2015 12:02AM
Thanks for the honest reply. It's fine. Mostly just wanted to make sure you guys knew and possibly fix it if it was easy. Otherwise, yeah, just hit enter a few times.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login