WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Muted Soundless Videos — YouTube Stopped Working — No Sound Stream Downloaded

Posted by S1987 
Muted Soundless Videos — YouTube Stopped Working — No Sound Stream Downloaded
November 27, 2015 07:08AM
I download from Youtube a lot. Recently over 80% of Youtube videos have become muted. They are downloaded without any sound in them. I checked with Graphstudio and the videos had no soundstreams in them.
Also, the extensions used to be WEBM and FLV. Now it's MP4 and M4V. I find it strange.
I found no options to contol this.
Does anybody else have this problem?
Can it be fixed?
Re: Muted Soundless Videos — YouTube Stopped Working — No Sound Stream Downloaded
November 27, 2015 10:45AM
M4V means it's DASH video, it should be accompanied with M4A (DASH audio), which then merged internally by FRD to MP4. The M4A unfortunately at this moment is queued at the bottom of the download list: [wordrider.net], so you might not realize it.

You can revert back to previous behavior by disabling DASH streams all together, there is option for that in YouTube plugin settings.

So I guess enabling DASH streams by default is confusing? I'm asking this because this is not the first time users reporting this issue. Feedbacks, suggestions are welcome.
file formats - .m4v and .m4a
November 28, 2015 11:04PM
.m4v and .m4a are the new formats when I download from YouTube. This will not play in Real Player (no audio - just video). Is there a way to control the file format Free Rapid writes to?
Re: Muted Soundless Videos — YouTube Stopped Working — No Sound Stream Downloaded
November 30, 2015 11:27AM
Okay, for the sake of everyone's sanity, DASH streams are disabled by default in plugin v2.9.1. Also the default quality for the updated plugin is 720p, because it's the highest quality that doesn't require DASH.
December 09, 2015 03:56PM
tong2shot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Okay, for the sake of everyone's sanity, DASH
> streams are disabled by default in plugin v2.9.1.
> Also the default quality for the updated plugin is
> 720p, because it's the highest quality that
> doesn't require DASH.

I think it is better to revert it back+disable by default internal DASH multiplexer+merger.
February 03, 2016 04:37AM
I toggled the plugin as shown in the image. Now I have solid MP4 downloads. Problem solved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2016 04:39AM by S1987.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login