WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Very long Filename links

Posted by wildwestgoh 
Very long Filename links
April 13, 2016 05:57AM
Hi,
I am not too sure of which part of FRD handles the filename downloaded so I will explains in details below.
Please do move this thread to appropriate sub-forum if it is not so, thank you Mod ;)

I have 2 different links:
[filejoker.net]
[filejoker.net]

I am a premium user for this host.

These 2 links has 2 different names, except when download with FRD, it did not get the full filename, and instead it got the shortened filename from the link's page.
This poses a problem for me, as I queue up those 2 links together, on the next link, FRD will tell me that there is a file already exist, in fact it is different file except the shortened filename is exactly the same.
I browsed the link and found that the link's page do shorten the filename and those 2 links will have the same filename if it is shortened.
However if I use the normal way (browser) to get the download link, it will download using the full filename.

I do hope that FRD can do something about the filename when download files with different long filename.
It will be a great help for some links that has very long filename.

Thank you very much for your time reading this. Hope it can be solve on next update.
Re: Very long Filename links
April 18, 2016 08:59PM
thumbs up details & sample link provided smileys with beer
plugin fixed smiling smiley
it now gets the full file name as the download begins
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login