Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Request plugin for Tumblr

Posted by wtf 
wtf
Request plugin for Tumblr
April 21, 2016 08:06AM
Hi,

I request you to make a plugin for downloading images from Tumblr.

I want to be able to download direct tumblr links - ex - [befitphotos.tumblr.com]

and

all links in a collection / board (?) - ex - [befitphotos.tumblr.com]

Thank you in advance, kindly make this.

Regards,
wtf
Re: Request plugin for Tumblr
April 25, 2016 02:21AM
Hi Guys,

Any plans to make this plugin?

There are one or two products for doing this available but they are all pretty terrible and hang all of the time.

Regards,

WTF
April 25, 2016 03:20AM
thumbs up sample links provided smileys with beer
Tumblr plugin created cool smiley

> Any plans to make this plugin?
I had just finished creating the plugin as you posted that

PS. The collection / board example link provided has over 5000 images..... be patient. !!!
(the file size increases as links are found)
wtf
April 25, 2016 02:28PM
@birchie,

Thank You smileys with beer drinking smiley

It works on some but does not work on others.

FRD Version - 0.9u4

Tumblr Plugin version - 1.0.0

Collection Sample link - [shirtoid.tumblr.com] - does not work

Image sample link - [shirtoid.com] - does not work

Kindly take a look

Regards,

WTF
May 01, 2016 09:19PM
Collection Sample link will be recognised by clipboard monitoring now smiling smiley
Image sample link url does not contain tumblr. there is no way of knowing it has anything to do with tumblr confused smiley
wtf
May 03, 2016 02:25AM
Hi Birchie,

Oh my bad, apologies, must have missed it.

I thank you for the effort to update the plugin, it now recognizes the links via clipboard monitoring.

But the plugin itself does not work properly, for this link - [gymaaholic.tumblr.com] - it expanded into a total of 5 links out of which it downloaded 3, for the remaining 2, I got an error message, kindly check the attached screenshot.

For this link - [shirtoid.tumblr.com] - it expanded into a total of 10 links out of which it downloaded 9, for the remaining 1, I got a different error message, kindly check the attached screenshot.

FRD Version - 0.9u4

Tumblr plugin version - 1.0.1

Regards,

P.S - I also want to ask - would you consider making a standalone program only for downloading images via various sites like -

Instagram - sample link - [www.instagram.com]

Tumblr - sample link - [shirtoid.tumblr.com]

etc.

Something like this - [sourceforge.net] but one which actually will work and not hang all the time.

Some of the Tumblr blogs that I want to download from contain 20,000 + images and FRD hangs when trying to get so many images.
Attachments:
open | download - FRD - Tumblr - Errors.jpg (199.1 KB)
May 04, 2016 08:12AM

plugin now gets the total number of posts when validating
the gymaaholic errors are identified in the latest plugin
the shirtoid error is still being worked on...

disabling the general Preference 'Start downloads from decrypters and folders automatically' may
shorten FRD's hang time, FRD may seem unresponsive but after adding such a large number of
links FRD can take a long time for all links to be added to its database.
wtf
May 05, 2016 09:02AM
Hi @birchie,

Thank You

disabling the general Preference 'Start downloads from decrypters and folders automatically' may
shorten FRD's hang time <-- this worked, it does calculate all posts at validation.

I get the point about FRD hanging due to large number of posts added at one go, hence I was wondering - would you consider making a standalone program only for downloading images via various sites.

I am unable to find a program for this anywhere and those that I find, hang most of the time.

I think it should be easy for you guys, sort of like a mini FRD but only for the image sites like Tumblr, Instagram, Picasa etc.

Kindly do consider.

Regards,

WTF
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login