WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Plugin for iprima.cz

Posted by mirij 
Plugin for iprima.cz
May 06, 2016 08:51AM
Good day,

I have set is settings maximum resolution for iprima.cz plugin 1080p (3300 kbps), but downloaded video has only resolution 720x400 and bitrate only 1500 kbps. In firefox is possible to change between 4 video quality modes.

Please check whether all is ok. Here is free video link [play.iprima.cz].

Plugin iprima.cz is the latest 2.2.0, Program version is 0.9u4.
Re: Plugin for iprima.cz
May 15, 2016 10:26AM
Sorry for the late reply. The example link already expired. Could you post another link?

Thanks.
May 16, 2016 07:18AM
Here is another link [play.iprima.cz]
May 16, 2016 10:44AM
I just tested the example link, I can't get the 1080p and 720p. They don't advertise those qualities (1080p & 720p) in the "media selector". Are you sure they offer 1080p and 720p for the example link?

Also, they use DASH as default, but they seem also use HLS (as old infrastructure perhaps?). Our plugin only supports the HLS.
May 16, 2016 02:16PM
Hm, maybe you are right. But on the bottom of the video is possible to change video quality. They advertise the same bitrate for all quality settings on the bottom?

Or maybe is problem with DASH/HLS of plugin ? I'm not expert in this. I want only download video with bigger resolution and bitrate.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2016 02:22PM by mirij.
May 16, 2016 10:44PM
Quoted from [play.iprima.cz]:

Chci sledovat tituly v kvalitě HD. Jak mám postupovat?

Pokud je HD kvalita u titulu k dispozici a vaše rychlost připojení to dovoluje, bude přehrávání v HD kvalitě spuštěno automaticky. Může pouze chvilku trvat, než systém nastaví kvalitu odpovídající vašemu připojení - vždy se vám ale snažíme ihned nabídnout tu nejvyšší kvalitu, které vám připojení dovolí.

Translated using google translate:

I want to watch movies in HD. How do i have to proceed?

If the HD quality for a title available and your connection speed allows it will playback in HD quality start automatically. It may just take a while before the system adjusts the quality to match your connection - but you always try to immediately offer the highest quality that will allow the connection.

I have slow connection (1.5 Mbit/s), maybe that's also the problem grinning smiley

But I suppose the "4 video quality modes" you mentioned, are just 1 video quality (SD/400p) with 4 different bitrates (540, 950, 1100, 1600 kbps). I'm not familiar with iPrima, so I don't know which programmes that offer 720p/1080p.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2016 10:45PM by tong2shot.
May 17, 2016 06:57AM
Hm, probably you are right. They ony offers 4 different bitrates (speed of my connection is 60 Mbit/s - therefore I downloaded 1500 kbps).

But why is video in firefox played in large window? This is probably more than 720 pixels width - is it video rescaled before viewing on screen?
May 17, 2016 11:36AM
mirij Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But why is video in firefox played in large
> window? This is probably more than 720 pixels
> width - is it video rescaled before viewing on
> screen?

I don't know, but you can do some test by opening network tab from developer tools:

Unfortunately image #3 is truncated by forum software. But if you save it, and view it with image viewer, you can see the quality of the video. In this case (my case), it is 720x400.
May 17, 2016 12:47PM
I test it and in my case is resolution 720x400 too, unfortunatelly.
January 30, 2017 07:00AM
Good day, please can you update plugin for play.iprima.cz? It stop working.

Here is video link:

[play.iprima.cz]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login