WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

File exist rule (Skip) not working when downloading

Posted by shawn8888 
File exist rule (Skip) not working when downloading
May 19, 2014 11:43PM
My version is 0.9u3.

My option is set to "If a filename already exists: (Skip/Cancel)". This works very well when a file is already downloaded and the file name is changed from a temperory name to the file name. However, if I start download a same file from multiple hosts at the same time, this rule fails and FRD downloads them all. As you know, it's a waste of time and bandwidth.

Is there a way to get around?

Thanks a lot!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2014 11:45PM by shawn8888.
Re: File exist rule (Skip) not working when downloading
May 20, 2014 06:17AM
The file must physically exist on the disk. You have to disable creating temporary files in user preferences.

-------------------------------------

May 20, 2014 12:57PM
Temporary files are good because you can identify which files are partial ones and which are finished. It helps a lot when you have a lot of files to download.
Since temporary files have the real file name at the begining, it should be easy to apply the file exist rule with temporary files enabled, shouldn't it?

Thanks!
May 20, 2014 02:08PM
Here is another reason this file exist rule needs change.

When you have two files (or more) from different hosts for the same file, even if this file is finished, the second download will still ask you for a captcha. Only after you type the right captcha, FRD knows it is the same file and skip.
But why? FRD knows the file name from validation, and it's very anoiying to input the captcha just to know it's the same file.
May 20, 2014 02:19PM
No, final file name is not defined by validation. There are many sites those don't include full file name on the page. It's a part of response header, which is available after captcha + waiting time...
Also there is filename special character conversion - to be able to save file name to specific file system (eg. NTFS does not permit characters like ?\ etc.).

-------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2014 02:32PM by Vity.
May 20, 2014 03:00PM
As far as I know, most hosts can be validated and get the file name before input captcha.

Or, as a walk around, is it possible to use the validation file name to skip (add an option)? It will help a lot! Please think about it. Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2014 03:01PM by shawn8888.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login