Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with downloading

Posted by the-peoples-poet 
Help with downloading
September 11, 2014 05:48PM
Hello all,

Need some help please.

This is the only piece of software that will help me, usually, to download things from the BBC iPlayer, and ITV, etc, in the UK, however I have come across a problem and I was wondering how I can go about resolving it.

I am originally from the UK but I have recently moved to Denmark. I was missing the BBC from home so I found a website, which I pay for, called Unblock-Us which, after using a little piece of software they provide, makes my computer think that it is still in the UK and lets me get access to the BBC iPlayer and the other UK tv online players.

Before, when I was in the UK, I could just copy the URL from the iPlayer website, paste it into the Free Rapid and it would download wonderfully but now, even though I am using that proxy thing that makes my comp think it is still in the UK, I cannot download anything from the iPlayer now, I keep getting error messages like 'This video is not available in your area' (despite me still being able to play it on the BBC website itself) or the other error which doesn't download it and times out and then after 2minutes, it repeats itself.

How can I get around this? I am missing all my UK faves and I would like to be able to download them again.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thank you, the-peoples-poet
Re: Help with downloading
September 16, 2014 11:12AM
I'm not sure how Unblock-Us works. If it's DNS-based then they most likely selectively route the packets, what I'm not sure is the difference between browser (where it works) and FRD (where it doesn't), the selection method that is. On the other hand if it's VPN based then they route all the packets, so both browser and FRD should work.
September 16, 2014 04:45PM
It is all DNS based.
September 16, 2014 10:38PM
Maybe you'll have a better luck with VPN based services. As for DNS based Unblock-Us, I have no idea.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login