WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Link auto-detect not working

Posted by zylch 
Link auto-detect not working
November 16, 2014 12:15PM
Hi. I have always loved the link auto-detect feature in FRD but lately it has stopped working. Now, with clipboard monitoring on, it will only add a link if I copy the actual hyperlink on the page, which means I can no longer copy multiple links on a page and have them all added to FRD in one go.

I have tried deleting the config files and re-installing but that hasn't cured it. Any ideas..?
Re: Link auto-detect not working
November 16, 2014 03:20PM
We haven't changed anything related to this, so I guess it's something on your end. Have you changed your browser for example? I know for example that if you copy text that contains a link in Internet Explorer, FRD picks up the destination of the link. In other browsers, FRD can only pick up the text of the link.
November 16, 2014 03:56PM
It did happen after I re-installed windows. But I have always used Firefox and I'm pretty sure it used to work with that. I just tried in IE and it is not working there either...
November 16, 2014 03:59PM
what's the page you try to copy links from?

-------------------------------------

November 16, 2014 04:04PM
For example any of the Filepost links on boxset.ru, or Uploaded links on rlsbb.com. Even on pages such as this:
[nfo.rlsbb.com]
I used to be able to select just half a line and copy it and it would detect the full link, now I have to select the full line.
November 16, 2014 04:23PM
It works fine to me.
Try to install this extension to firefox [yellow5.us]

-------------------------------------

November 17, 2014 08:37PM
I don't think that extension wil help, the problem is with plain text which has a hyperlink associated with it. FRD used to detec the "hidden" link when I copied the text.

Besides, it is not working in Internet Explorer either...
November 20, 2014 02:59PM
I installed the linkificator plugin but it hasn't changed anything. Is there any way to debug the progrm to see why it's not seeing the links (smart clipboard monitoring?)
November 20, 2014 04:59PM
I tested copying the second post here [wordrider.net] in Opera and Internet Explorer, and FRD picked up the link targets in both cases. So this does not work for you? And it does work if you right click the links and choose "copy link address" or such?
November 20, 2014 06:31PM
Yes, that's exactly what's happening.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login