WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help I dont know what I did

Posted by flipsey 
Help I dont know what I did
March 29, 2015 05:07AM
Ok so I'm not a newbie. I have had a similar problem before but I was able to research and find a solution. But now I am just stuck. And my memory sucks! Main problem is my frd not wanting to work with Java. I have turned off antivirus and tried to download that way. I even clicked the right boxes (at least I think they were the right boxes). In any case as I have said I have been able to fix before. First it said I didnt have Java installed so when I go to reinstall I get an error message 1638 which after more research tells me that it is already installed. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and rebooted all to no avail. Where it stands now is when I try to open frd it says I need to have Java version 1. something or other. if I click on the executable jar file to open it, It freezes and wont go anywhere else. When I click on the frd application file it opens for a few seconds and closes immediately. As I have said I have had a similar problem before but I have ALWAYS been able to fix it. But now I am totally lost. So please help??

I remembered what I did that broke my frd...My daughter has been on my laptop alot and when I got it back this morning the whole thing froze on me so I opened the task manager and had to close everything out including my Java. So now Java wont work at all in my frd. help????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2015 07:14AM by flipsey.
Re: Help I dont know what I did
March 29, 2015 11:14AM
Sounds like an odd problem, but there seems to be something wrong with your Java installation. You could try removing all Java versions from "Programs and features" in Control Panel, and then reinstalling the latest version. Other than that, I'm not sure what to do. You could also attach the log file (from %appdata%\VitySoft\FRD\log\app.log) but I'm not sure if it will be helpful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2015 11:14AM by ntoskrnl.
Re: Help I dont know what I did
March 29, 2015 01:50PM
I did uninstall all versions of Java and rebooted then reinstalled the lastest 32 bit and 64 bit but it wont load and and stay loaded. As for that last part you mentioned I have absolutely NO clue how to do that. I do appreciate you atempt at helping. Hopefully some one will know what to do or maybe I'll figure it out on my own. Not holding my breath though, Just keep playing with it I guess.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login