WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FRD freezes on start up

Posted by Stonn 
FRD freezes on start up
August 15, 2015 07:20PM
I run FRD 0.9u4 on Vista 32bit. When I start the application it opens with an empty list of link (main application window loads) and immediately freezes. Looking at the Task Manager the program does not seem to be doing anything after few seconds.

I had this problem before and assume that the reason for that is that I have over 2000 links in the queue. I never start all of them (because then FRD freezes) and usually just keep the top 50 running and the rest paused. My guess is they all unpaused somehow. Which I did not do, but here is another weird thing I noticed.

What changed too is that all of the sudden FRD opens with a new shiny skin, whereas I always used the old Windows2000 look. Now I certainly did not change that setting (and now that FRD freezes cannot anyway) so I assume that the problem and the sudden new skin are related.

Any solutions? Tell me what you need... I am stupid when it comes to doing logs.
Is there a way of copying the list of links, then maybe reinstalling FRD and adding them back again? I am not losing this list. Where is it saved anyway? I cannot find anything like that in \AppData\Roaming\VitySoft\FRD .
Re: FRD freezes on start up
August 15, 2015 09:36PM
The download list (and history) is stored in the frd.odb file in the directory you mentioned.

Could you check if there's anything in the log file and attach it? You can find it in \AppData\Roaming\VitySoft\FRD\log\app.log.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2015 09:37PM by ntoskrnl.
August 15, 2015 09:57PM
I thought it would be frd.odb , it was the only one of a size that made sense. I did not manage to make anything out of it. I do use Libre Office but it still decided to open as a Writer document, not Database which did not make sense.
Anyways, I made a copy just in case.

Here is the log. And I do not like how it says SEVERE and mentions frd.odb. Tell me my how bright the future of my list of links is.
Sat Aug 15 23:49:15 CEST 2015 WARNING: Couldn't create fir C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\VitySoft\FRD
Sat Aug 15 23:49:18 CEST 2015 SEVERE: 
[ObjectDB 2.5.5_05] javax.persistence.PersistenceException
Recovery file 'C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\VitySoft\FRD\frd.odb$' does not match db file 'C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\VitySoft\FRD\frd.odb' (error 145)
	at com.objectdb.jpa.EMF.createEntityManager(EMF.java:260)
	at cz.vity.freerapid.gui.managers.DatabaseManager.getEntityManager(DatabaseManager.java:24)
	at cz.vity.freerapid.gui.managers.DatabaseManager.loadAll(DatabaseManager.java:131)
	at cz.vity.freerapid.gui.managers.DatabaseManager.loadAll(DatabaseManager.java:127)
	at cz.vity.freerapid.gui.managers.PluginMetaDataManager.loadData(PluginMetaDataManager.java:96)
	at cz.vity.freerapid.gui.managers.PluginMetaDataManager.getItems(PluginMetaDataManager.java:51)
	at cz.vity.freerapid.gui.managers.PluginsManager.initNewPlugins(PluginsManager.java:246)
	at cz.vity.freerapid.gui.managers.PluginsManager.findAndInitNewPlugins(PluginsManager.java:143)
	at cz.vity.freerapid.gui.managers.PluginsManager.access$100(PluginsManager.java:49)
	at cz.vity.freerapid.gui.managers.PluginsManager$3.run(PluginsManager.java:99)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.objectdb.o.UserException: Recovery file 'C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\VitySoft\FRD\frd.odb$' does not match db file 'C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Roaming\VitySoft\FRD\frd.odb'
	at com.objectdb.o.MSG.d(MSG.java:61)
	at com.objectdb.o.SFL.K(SFL.java:508)
	at com.objectdb.o.SFL.J(SFL.java:462)
	at com.objectdb.o.SFL.(SFL.java:275)
	at com.objectdb.o.MST.(MST.java:117)
	at com.objectdb.o.MST.aK(MST.java:99)
	at com.objectdb.o.MSF.UP(MSF.java:188)
	at com.objectdb.o.OMF.an(OMF.java:743)
	at com.objectdb.jpa.EMF.an(EMF.java:238)
	at com.objectdb.o.OMF.am(OMF.java:684)
	at com.objectdb.jpa.EMF.createEntityManager(EMF.java:257)
	... 10 more
Thank you for the quick response and your interest in my problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2015 09:58PM by Stonn.
August 15, 2015 10:01PM
It's an ObjectDB database file so it's unlikely you can open it in any other program.

Not sure what's gone wrong there, but you could try taking a backup of the frd.odb and frd.odb$ files, and then deleting the one with the $ in the name.
August 15, 2015 10:08PM
Well, I will know what to do next time. Works like a charm.
Thank you very much thumbs up

I just changed back to the old "Look&Feel" too. It is so bizarre that it changed on its own. I swear sometimes there is a ghost in the machine.
August 15, 2015 10:17PM
Glad that you got it sorted out.

Sometimes I think ObjectDB isn't quite as robust as it could be. I guess it's much better than our previous XML based solution though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login