WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to check the actual video format before the video is downloaded

Posted by william77 
How to check the actual video format before the video is downloaded
August 26, 2015 10:00AM
Ive just started to use FreeRapid Downloader ( V 0.9u4 ) on my Windows 10 computer .

I can set multiple youtube downloads ( download one at a time ) and the download format is not shown until the download actually starts , its only then I can see that the video is actually in the .mv4 format and is DRM Protected , that I don't want , the actual youtube video web page does not show the video format , only the size.

so if I set say 5 youtube videos to be downloaded while I'm asleep , when I later check the downloads its only then I can see that some videos were in fact in the .mv4 format .

Can any one please tell me if there's a way to check the actual video format before the video is downloaded ?

Thanks
Re: How to check the actual video format before the video is downloaded
August 26, 2015 04:01PM
Different videos have different formats available, so it's not possible to say for sure before the download is started.

However, you can set your format preferences in Options > Preferences > Plugins > YouTube > Options.
Re: How to check the actual video format before the video is downloaded
August 26, 2015 10:25PM
Also a relevant youtube wiki page: [en.wikipedia.org], especially "Comparison of YouTube media encoding options" part.

.m4v is DASH video.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login