WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Showing file already exists Error

Posted by Redhu 
Showing file already exists Error
October 31, 2015 05:09PM
Hi brother,

first of all my english is not so good so please excuse me for this.
now problem is i have added an file for download from uploadbazz.com every time when i resume the file after pausing it, shows me file already exists error and provide me three option rename rewrite and cancel. when i click any of them file resumed as usual but that's is not main problem problem is during file downloading it shows same error after a time period. if i don't respond this error it will pause the file and shows error in downloading. please try to fix this bug in next update. thanks in advance and also i am a big fan of you.thumbs up
Re: Showing file already exists Error
November 01, 2015 03:54PM
- We don't support uploadbazzz.com yet, do you mean uploadbaz.com?
- Does it happen only for uploadbaz plugin or for all plugins?
- The "file already exists" message means literally that, please check if you have "Use temporary file names (*.part) while downloading" (Options -> Preferences... -> Misc) disabled, if it's disabled, then please enable it.
- As for "three options rename rewrite and cancel", you can configure it in Options -> Preferences... -> General. You'll see "If file already exists" option, choose "Rename" for example.
November 02, 2015 05:38AM
What's worse, is sometimes saying (sometimes, and sometimes not: that's what worse, too) the file is not available on the server, while it in fact, is.

I really would rather wish FRD wouldn't do that. Because then I give the file up needlessly. Or, I have to check up all these manually, and that's not saving me the time FRD is supposed to.

I would enclose app.log, if that would be of any use (I have HUNDREDS of links in FRD queued right now) but looks like my computer lists 'Application Data' as hidden on my drive. I really wish FRD would store its data in Program Files (in its respective subfolder) and not spread elswhere.

FRD is confusing lately, I've been using it for MANY years and might be that it undergone too many changes. I don't see why the PAUSED links - paused by using the ORANGE button - are marked PINK instead, just like the ERROR ones! I need to work with MANY links. It's bad enough it makes me typing monkey prompting CAPTCHA thousands of times for the same thing (as I'm using proxies), it's also unorganized. Please, keep it simple?
November 02, 2015 10:43AM
ha_pi_pi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What's worse, is sometimes saying (sometimes, and
> sometimes not: that's what worse, too) the file is
> not available on the server, while it in fact,
> is.
>
> I really would rather wish FRD wouldn't do that.
> Because then I give the file up needlessly. Or, I
> have to check up all these manually, and that's
> not saving me the time FRD is supposed to.

That's plugin false negative issue. You may want to report that to the plugins subforum.

> I would enclose app.log, if that would be of any
> use (I have HUNDREDS of links in FRD queued right
> now) but looks like my computer lists 'Application
> Data' as hidden on my drive. I really wish FRD
> would store its data in Program Files (in its
> respective subfolder) and not spread elswhere.

Not all users have/want administrative role. Also, using non-admin user is a good security practice. So FRD related data are stored in user's folder instead of in "Program Files".

The easiest way to locate log file: Help -> Browse to log file.

> FRD is confusing lately, I've been using it for
> MANY years and might be that it undergone too many
> changes. I don't see why the PAUSED links - paused
> by using the ORANGE button - are marked PINK
> instead, just like the ERROR ones! I need to work
> with MANY links.

You have a point on this issue. Vity said that the state color is configurable in the future release.

> It's bad enough it makes me
> typing monkey prompting CAPTCHA thousands of times
> for the same thing (as I'm using proxies), it's
> also unorganized. Please, keep it simple?

Yeah, the reCAPTCHA issue has been reported many times. The thing is, FRD is not a web browser, it only mimics small parts of it, and reCAPTCHA detects this behavior as a bot, which is true in that sense smiling smiley, so it sends the unreadable captcha.

Or is it different CAPTCHA you're talking about, as it's involving proxy?
November 02, 2015 11:06AM
FRD also supports a portable feature where everything will be stored in the installation directory in a subfolder. Uncomment (remove the #) the line that says "#--portable" in startup.properties. You'll then have to copy the configuration files to the new configuration directory if you want to keep them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2015 11:06AM by ntoskrnl.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login