WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fatal Error at launch

Posted by RolandKorg 
Re: Fatal Error at launch
February 03, 2016 08:01PM
Depositfiles — although the app says its version is later than the version listed on the FRD site.

In the main window, after the countdown to download, in the Est. Time panel, it just says ERROR — then the link

Thanks, so much, for you help and patience....
February 03, 2016 10:28PM
Another issue:

I just tried to Help > Check for New Plugins, but got the following error message:

"Checking for new version failed. There is no enabled connection settings for creating connection."

I then went to Options > Use Connections > Refresh Proxy List.... And, BLAM — that was it. Now i'm able to update all the plugins, and depositfiles is now running again. I KNOW i had tried to do this before, but i do believe your suggestions above are what enabled this to work now.

So, now that i'm up and running, i found, still, that some depositfiles links were giving me error messages like: "Remote host closed connection during handshake." A google search showed me that someone's solution was to ensure that the links were HTTP and not HTTPS. When i recopied the links and deleted the S, they work.

Whew.

Thanks again.
February 05, 2016 10:45AM
RolandKorg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> (snip)
> In Preferences > Connections, "use default system
> connection" was unchecked. I checked it, and
> clicked OK, and that seems to have resolved the
> problem. But, i think your suggestions to trash
> the FRD folder contributed to this, because i
> definitely checked/unchecked this box once or
> twice before posting about this problem.
> (snip)

This is actually FRD bug. I've just committed the fix in my branch, I'll merge it in few days, I need some time to test it (and other stuff) with 'trunk'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2016 10:45AM by tong2shot.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login