WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Download speed getting stuck?

Posted by solidshark91493 
Download speed getting stuck?
April 12, 2012 03:36PM
Im downloading some simpsons episodes, and I have OK internet connecton, But its taken almost 4 days to download 18 episodes at 170 mb a piece.. So I looked at it, and under the download speed section. it goes:

(Kbps)

and so on.

(Rough estimates but it does this same idea)

It drops to zero for ten to fifteen seconds and then continues, goes for a few seconds, drops to zero for ten to fifteen again. and so on. I updated the rapidshare plugin. And its still doing it, tried restarting my computer/internet/ and downloads themselves and nothing is working..

Any ideas?
Re: Download speed getting stuck?
April 12, 2012 07:41PM
RapidShare sends data that way. You should probably complain to their support. smiling smiley
April 13, 2012 06:07AM
[wordrider.net]

-------------------------------------

April 13, 2012 07:59PM
alright, could one do ANYTHING about this? it didnt use to do it...
April 13, 2012 08:15PM
Ask Rapidshare support, not us.

-------------------------------------

April 13, 2012 08:20PM
You could also buy a RapidShare premium account...
April 13, 2012 09:22PM
It's been a while (since middle of February, IIRC) RS limit their speed for free user about 30 KB/s on average.

From [torrentfreak.com] :

Then a little over a week ago reports started coming in that users of RapidShare’s free service had experienced dramatic speed drops down to around 30/kbs. Speculation was rife that the company was exploiting the Megaupload closure fallout to drive users to their premium, non-limited products. So we asked RapidShare, and this was their fascinating response.

“On January 19th Megaupload was shut down by the FBI. Shortly thereafter, several other file hosters curbed their services or entirely stopped their operations,” the company told TorrentFreak.

“RapidShare has been faced with a severe increase in free user traffic and unfortunately also in the amount of abuse of our service ever since, suggesting that quite a few copyright infringers have chosen RapidShare as their new hoster of choice for their illegal activities,” the company explained.

“We have thus decided to take a painful yet effective step: to reduce the download speed for free users. We are confident that this will make RapidShare very unpopular amongst pirates and thus drive the abusive traffic away.”
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login