WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TI-89 Titanium

Posted by Pedro27 
Re: TI-89 Titanium
January 27, 2005 12:59AM
Hi Pedro,

are you sure, that you copy all files, which are needed for starting txtrider??
txtrider is standalone app, whitch is not distributed with PreOS. You need PreOS for starting txtrider, but you need to install it separately

look in VAR-LINK and check, that you have txtrider in directory, whitch is called 'txtrider'

Sislik
Pedro27
January 27, 2005 01:26AM
Hi again Sislik!
First i unziped the file txtrider, then copied to my TI the file named "txtrider.89z" and run it on "Home". All this after i installed the PreOS.
Well when i noticed that it wasn`t running i just copied all the files resting from the unzip to the calculator and tried to run the "Txtrider" but...nothing. So what should i do now? I`ve checked in VAR-Link and i found it in "Main".
Thank you!
Pedro27
January 27, 2005 11:49AM
Hello!
I guess that i found my problem: when i type "preos()" my Ti open a box titled "Preos v0.71" saying "Archive ´preos´firs". What should i do?
I`m very sorry to bother you guys!!!
thank you.
January 27, 2005 02:09PM
No problem Pedro. That's why I created this forum - to help people.
You have to archive variable preos and stdlib in the Var link(you can get there by pressing 2nd button + (-) minus). Then go to the main folder and find one of these variables. Press F1 - short menu will pop up and use option #8 - archive variable. Do it for both variables. Then go back to HOME and type preos() again. After this I am sure the Txtrider will start.
how to get in the Var-link

Vity

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2005 08:35AM by Vity.
Pedro27
January 27, 2005 04:35PM
Hurray!!!
Finally i managed to get there, THANK VERY MUCH! (Vity & Sislik)

Now my concerns are:
-how to input the name of a Breakpoint so that i can see it when i press "APPS";
-in WordRider how can i type things like Derive and stuff like that (with huge brackets an son on);
-how can i include pictures in WordRider, i guess that i will need some sort of program that saves images with an extension ".89z"
-do you know how to put some specific files or folders under a password (or undercover) so that no one can get into them;
-is it possible to introduce a "suicidal" command that erases a file "on the fly"?

Again, Thank you for your time & assistence!!!
January 28, 2005 10:06AM
Congratulations winking smiley

-how to input the name of a Breakpoint so that i can see it when i press "APPS";
Breakpoint has no special defined name. Its title is taken from the line where the breakpoint is set.

-in WordRider how can i type things like Derive and stuff like that (with huge brackets an son on);
You must use "math expression option" in the WordRider(ctrl+m). Then type anything same like in the calc's HOME. If you write invalid expression so text viewer won't display it.
WordRider + TxtRider output:

-how can i include pictures in WordRider, i guess that i will need some sort of program that saves images with an extension ".89z"
You can easily insert the picture by using Insert the picture function ;).
Then set in the save properties where you saved your pictures in the calc(copy them with 89t file).Pictures will be displayed.

-do you know how to put some specific files or folders under a password (or undercover) so that no one can get into them;
Try to find some password utility at [ticalc.org]. You will need probably a locker to the whole AMS system.

-is it possible to introduce a "suicidal" command that erases a file "on the fly"?
No :D. Text viewers don't support it.

-------------------------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login