Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

problem with picture

Posted by fab 
fab
problem with picture
February 08, 2005 10:50PM
Hello !

i've got a problem when i insert some pictures in my text with worldrider.
When i close my file with saving, and when i want to re-open my text file, the pictures have disapeared ?

could you help me ?

Thanks
Re: problem with picture
February 09, 2005 12:34AM
Hello fab,
The reason is quite simple. Ti-89 doesn't support multi-level folders so the picture's file path(which is saved into 89t - text file) can contain only 1 folder name(otherwise it wouldn't be readable in the calc).If you use default settings for saving pictures and you use a picture with relative path >=2 folders, WordRider will use the first folder name only.
Eg.: inserted picture lies at c:\mydocs\physics\img\mypic.89i
text file is saved by WordRider into c:\mydocs\mydoc.89t - this file will contain a relative path to the picture as '/physics/mypic.89i'. WordRider will search also for this file in the text file's folder(c:\mydoc\mypic.89i) if that picture is not found at its relative path.
So I recommend you to copy your pictures to the same folder(which you use also for main document) or just easily create a special folder for them with max 1 deep:
eg:
c:\mydocs\physics\mydoc.89t
c:\mydocs\physics\img\mypic.89i

Thank you for your question.
I will write some short note into the WordRider's documentation later.

Vity

PS. This is a forum about WordRider not WorldRider ;)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2005 12:39AM by Vity.
fab
February 11, 2005 02:58PM
Hello Vity

thanks for your answer

I have resolved my problem but i don't know exactely how.
The pictures wich not appeared on Wordrider appeared on my calc.
I use an other program called txtedit to read my txt file and i saw that there were some links to the pictures. this allow me to see that my pictures were really on my file.
but I have still not understood why the pictures don't appeared on Wordrider.

I hope that you could resolved this problem

Bye !

Fab
February 11, 2005 06:06PM
WordRider couldn't find them => these pictures weren't visible. Your pictures were placed "too far" from the document(89t contains only a relative path/with 1 folder/ to the pictures). If you look at the document source(eg. with RidEdit) so you will see it.

Vity
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login