WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Speed limit

Speed limit
October 02, 2008 09:36AM
Am I totaly fool? I can not find, how set slower speed of downloading. Pls help.

Nice prg, thanks much.

Sorry my stupid english.

Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2008 09:51AM by Vity.
Re: Speed limit
October 02, 2008 09:51AM
It's not possible in current version. You can limit a count of concurrent connections.
The purpose of this software is to download files as fast as possible - not as slow as possible smiling smiley.

-------------------------------------

October 04, 2008 12:49AM
Hi, I also want!
hot smiley
October 04, 2008 09:44AM
If you want to download with slower speed, then download files via clicking in the browser smiling smiley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2008 09:45AM by Vity.
October 19, 2008 11:20AM
Hallo,

it is true that you can download files via browser but speed limit function is something what would make FreeRapid downloader more brilliant then it is now. Because you know, you are downloading a file a all of sudden you need to download something else and wait because of slow speed caused by downloading which you cant stop without losig data is quite annoying winking smiley

So please, please... speed limit function =)
October 26, 2008 01:19PM
I think that implementing new services is more important, but I will also welcome speed limit function.
November 01, 2008 10:08PM
Hi
download This Du supercontroller
than you can limit your bandwith not only for downloads, but u can set it up for any network based applications.
November 12, 2008 10:56PM
or NetLimiter

or specify bandwidth with like [lartc.org] script on Linux ADSL modem or router like Asus WL500 etc.
April 07, 2009 11:58AM
I have ressurected this important subject because a download speed limiter is crucial nowadays for any download manager application.

FreeRapid Downloader is not a download accelerator. It's just a nice download manager for files share services. I can put any links I want and let it downloading without my intervention; I don't need to visit the file url all times when I need to download a file. The program does all the things for me.

If you want to download with slower speed, then download files via clicking in the browser

Vity: when you say the purpose of this tool is to download as fast as possible, you're basically saying that FreeRapid acts as a download accelerator too? Could you explain me what FreeRapid does to increase the download speed?
Honestly, I haven't noticed any difference on the speed between the browser (Firefox) and FreeRapid while downloading the same file from the rapidshare service.

Btw, my main point with this topic is to give a very useful and, probably, the main advantage of a bandwidth speed limiter for a download manager:

You can use many of the Internet services simultenously without becoming sad with the access speed for those services. A very good example of this advantage is:
let's say your connection is ADSL 1Mbit/S and you choose to limite the download speed at 50KB/S because you wanna play an online game and doing so you will not have so much lag which could cause a connection loss.

In other words, I would be very happy if I could play my favorite online game, while downloading a file with FreeRapid and still being able to visit web sites to read news in a good speed. Yeah God, I could do 3 things simultenously if FreeRapid had support for bandwidth limiter!

That's the only reason I haven't given all my life for the FreeRapid Downloader!

* For nbs that will come here to tell me to install NetLimiter or any other third party tool that does the same job, STFU! I already have too much programs running on my pc and installing a kernel-mode driver to limit the bandwidth is not the solution!
April 07, 2009 03:26PM
You have to understand my priorities.
I always prefer things, that can be used by everyone and what everyone can use (needs) - like plugins (creating of API that handles them), auto file extraction (which is my next target).
I live in the world, where 8mbit is a standard (a minimum) for everyone.We are not practically able to use complete free bandwidth and there is probably near time, when you will use the same speed.

>>I already have too much programs running on my pc
This is not a reason for me.
>>installing a kernel-mode driver to limit the bandwidth is not the solution!
It is - for this case.

Current version of HttpClient (library, which is used in FRD) does not support speed control. Adding of such functionality would require at least 1 week of programming (I suppose). Would you spend such amount of free time (which is very limited for me) on the feature you don't need at all (especially when there is a workaround for people who need it) ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login