WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reconnect modem after download is done

Posted by yro 
yro
Reconnect modem after download is done
March 07, 2009 01:33AM
Hi all. Im brazilian and dont speak in english very well. Sorry...

I wanna download the software but i have 1 question. The downloader can reconnect my router after downloaded some files from megaupload or other share services?

In this case I will not have to wait for the waiting time as well.

If the program supports it, I will download it and use it.

Thanks.
Re: Reconnect modem after download is done
March 07, 2009 01:37AM
>>The downloader can reconnect my router after downloaded some files from megaupload or other share services?

No.

-------------------------------------

yro
March 07, 2009 01:40AM
In this case I will not try the software.

But thanks.

Maybe you can take a look at @#$%& (its made in java too) and take advantages with the knowledge about reconnect router function.

Well, good look with the soft.

Bye.
April 16, 2009 03:49PM
yro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In this case I will not try the software.
>
> But thanks.
>
> Maybe you can take a look at @#$%& (its made
> in java too) and take advantages with the
> knowledge about reconnect router function.
>
> Well, good look with the soft.
>
> Bye.

I concour. I think FreeRapid has an excellent interface (the amount of look-and-feel options is astonishing) and the only thing that can stop me from switching to it is the lack of automatic reconnection.
@#$%& has a very useful feature, it lets you record what you have to type and click on your router administration webpage to reconnect.
April 25, 2009 10:15PM
+1 vote for reconnect feature.

not sure do you have any plans about reconnect, but it's definitely must have function. many of us are sitting on *DSL modems with dynamic IP plans and it world be REALLY great if you guys can implement it.

thanks.

PS honestly lack of reconnect functionality is the only one thing which is stopping me from using FRD.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2009 10:18PM by mcFactor.
May 05, 2009 06:09PM
It's not must be a reconnect option... just simple, add option in configuration like "programme event to do when download of file was finished" for example - execute command line. Then everyone will make what they want, this will be more useful because, we will can programme everything after finished download
June 14, 2009 04:28PM
Yes, developer(s), please!!
It IS a *must have* function for a downloader!
Thats how it is - you don't have to take care about the reconnecting yourself!! there are tools and tutorials for it already!!

The only thing you have to implement is - to run a script, a simple bash script, or an application (im on a mac), as soon as a download is finished! and to wait, till the script is done! thats it!

Come on, it cannot be THAT complicated to run a script=)) Please! it is such a small effort, i think, and it will make this software way better!!!

I registered just for this post (so far), people, post more requests for this feature!
akh
June 24, 2009 03:40AM
this is a required feature...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login