WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hulu link that defies download

Posted by Morden 
Hulu link that defies download
July 12, 2012 05:44AM
I've tried this link on mac, pc, various times - still no luck (up to date plugs...)

[www.hulu.com]

I might add that I was able to download all 7 seasons of the same material...

From the log file:
Jul 11, 2012 10:57:36 PM cz.vity.freerapid.plugins.services.rtmp.WriterStatus logFinalVideoDuration
WARNING: video duration is null

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2012 06:01AM by Morden.
Re: Hulu link that defies download
July 12, 2012 02:16PM
This seems to be a server side problem specific to this video. The video doesn't exist on the server which FRD attempts to use.

If you play the video on the Hulu site and change the quality to 480p, you'll get an error message. Clicking "reload video" makes it work again though; it probably tries another server.

Unfortunately there isn't much I can do.
July 12, 2012 02:23PM
Actually, if you are in the US, you could try the plugin attached to this post: [wordrider.net]

It doesn't consider the CDN when choosing which server to download from, so it should choose a different one than the problematic one.

This only works if you are in the US though (or alternatively if you're using a US SOCKS proxy).

You can revert to the normal plugin by deleting the plugin file and updating plugins.
July 12, 2012 03:16PM
The attached plugin did the trick - you guys are far and above the best. I guess I'll use it as the opportunity requires and revert back to the up-to-date plug for general downloading.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2012 03:16PM by Morden.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login