WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

About Image( Bulk or User) Downloader Plugin

Posted by cgindia2020 
Re: About Image( Bulk or User) Downloader Plugin
September 11, 2012 10:10AM
Only high profile sites use https. And they tend to serve different page for https, as you can see in picasa and facebook. We have to prepare for some changes in plugins if we are going to support https in plugin.xml by default.
September 11, 2012 10:40AM
yes, we are almost there tong2shot! There are two more things though:
1) When there are more than about 28 photos in an album like in this sample link, it only downloads the first 28 photos from the top. This is because when you open the album in a browser, only the first 28 photos load at first and the other photos load only after you scroll down the page. That's probably why frd only picks up and downloads the first 28 photos

2a) Sometimes, the plugin downloads the photos in the medium size, link to a sample album that did that

2b) and the other times, when it downloads the the photos in the high resolution (as it always should, because the higher, the better) the file extension of downloaded photos is not .jpg, but .jpg_dl=1 - sample album that did that

The worst thing about the bug 2) is that sometimes it happens like described in 2a) and sometimes the other way sad smiley

But if you manage to fix these to bugs, it'll be perfect!
September 12, 2012 09:45AM
Please try facebook plugin v1.1.3.

1) Fixed. Now the plugin will queue and download all items in albums, not just 28 items. The only exception is wall photos, and this behaviour is consistent with browser. In some wall photo albums (that contain hundreds/thousands items) you can't see all the items with browser.

2a) Some albums don't have high res photos, so the plugin will download the medium res photos instead. For instance your sample album in point 1) only contains medium res photos. Please check with browser. I can download high res photo from your sample album in point 2a). So nothing to resolve here.

2b) Fixed.
September 12, 2012 12:34PM
It works pefect. For facebook pages. sad smiley
I tried to download some albums from friends of mine (I can't give you the links, cause they wouldn't work with your account), and it only downloaded 960, or even only the medium sized, 720px photos, even when full resoulution photos were available for download. And what's worse, FRD didn't download more than 28 photos from these albums. Damn it, facebook, Y U NO MAKE IT SIMPLE?

PS: Fcuk the Wall photos, nobody wants to downoad hunderds of random photos. It's the ordinary albums in high resolution that's important smiling smiley
September 12, 2012 01:17PM
I'm not sure what is wrong here. I can download more than 28 photos in an album and high res photos either public or private just fine and always consistent when I checked via browser. High res photo (>1000px) is marked with "_o" at the end of filename, medium res photo (<1000px) is marked with "_n" at the end of filename.

If plugin found "Download" link below the photo (no matter what the resolution is), then it will take that as source. If "Download" link is not found then the plugin will download the photo which is shown, and this behaviour is consistent with browser.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2012 01:18PM by tong2shot.
September 17, 2012 01:36PM
Hm. Then I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I thought my laptop was too old and slow for the plugin to load all the images from an album and so it downloaded only the first 28 pictures, but then I tried it (with my fb account) on an Intel i5 PC (latest FRD, latest fb plugin of course) and it was the same. Only 28 pics and no higher resolution than 960px. Therefore I say: damn you facebook!
You know, I might just have some security or other setting configured differently than you do, or there is different content on your facebook than on mine (with the http and https like you said) or I don't know

PS.: To download all and not only 28 pictures I marked all the pictures (or with Ctrl+A) in the album and FRD picked all the photos (in the [www.facebook.com] format) and downloaded them. But again, not the hi-res ones, even if they are here and the Downlaod button as well...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2012 01:38PM by major.
September 17, 2012 02:02PM
How do you know if the higher resolution is available ?

Still I can't reproduce your case though.

Here is my sample case :

[www.facebook.com]

There are some albums with more than 28 photos, with various resolution.

For instance, in this album I can download all (109) photos in hi-res :
[www.facebook.com]

In this album I can download all (357) photos in medium-res :
[www.facebook.com]
September 17, 2012 07:35PM
Ok, I don't have a problem with those sample albums you posted. But they are from facebook pages that are public and acccesible without login. I think there might be a problem with the content, where you need to be logged in. I haven't managed to download any albums from my friends in the high resolution (I checked it was available because the download button was there and the downloaded photo did have 2048px)
But you said you tried to download some private albums, too and they worked fine for you...
September 17, 2012 10:25PM
Unfortunately I only have few friends in facebook, I rarely use it, in fact I reactivated my facebook account few days ago (I deactivated the account 1.5 years ago), when I tried to fix the plugin. So there are only few private albums that contain more than 28 photos that I can test. And from what I tested the plugin works just fine.

@birchie, Vity : can you help me with this plugin ? Thanks. smiling smiley
September 18, 2012 12:30AM
I have no photos there...

-------------------------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login