Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

iFolder plugin adjustment / addition

Posted by Darkman00 
iFolder plugin adjustment / addition
August 29, 2012 07:08PM
Hi.
Your iFolder plugin works Great!

... for "download" situations .. when they tell one to press a button to view advertizing, then wait 30 seconds (while viewing) advertizing, then they would give one a 4 digit code .. then download link. -------- For this case your iFolder plugin works GREAT!

...but sometimes, maybe depending on the link, on the file or on their server being busy or not (don't know) .. - they would give you the 4 digit code to enter RIGHT AWAY (another words by-passing "pressing a button to view advertizing, then waiting 30 seconds (while viewing) advertizing"), then would give you the link right away.... - Faster to get the download link basically.
In this case, HOWEVER, your plugin does NOT handle this process.. and then i have to take the link to the browser and download the file from the browser.

Can you please accomodate for that download procedure (shorter download process) as well?
Maybe in the same plugin .. or in additional plugin (don't know, i am not the plugin maker, lol, so don't know how it works)

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2012 07:09PM by Darkman00.
Re: iFolder plugin adjustment / addition
August 29, 2012 08:55PM
it can be accommodated into the plugin, but need to experience this to update plugin and test

app.log could be helpful
a sample link would be great

just to clarify the shortened process
normally : load page -- press button -- select advertizing -- wait 30 seconds -- enter 4 digit code -- download
sometimes : load page -- enter 4 digit code -- download
August 30, 2012 09:27PM
"just to clarify the shortening process" - EXACTLY like you summarized it above!

sample link would be for example: [rusfolder.com]

earlier .. and even now .. it's behaving there the "shorter way" i described above (the "load page -- enter 4 digit code -- download")...

onlly not sure if it will be permanently like that .. or if it sometimes will switch to a longer procedure - load page -- press button -- select advertizing -- wait 30 seconds -- enter 4 digit code -- download

But if you accomodate the same plugin for both methods .. - then will be "covered" for both situations :)

Thanks .. hope that helps...
August 31, 2012 01:40AM
thanks for the sample link smileys with beer

iFolder plugin 1.2.0 now supports both long and short methods cool smiley
September 01, 2012 12:12PM
Thanks for the adjustment... BUT .. So far it's not working .. (or not working properly) ... so far it's a "no go" :(

What is happening so far with new plugin adjustment:

--- the new adjustment (short method) .. -- when the link is in FRD .. and goes for the file .. -- Looks like it's working:

--- The box with the code is given (easy to see 4 digit numeric code) ... enter the code .. BUT "no go" .. it doesn't accept the entered code (as if it was the wrong code) .. and gives another box with another code (easy to see 4 digit numeric code) .. enter the code.. - same thing .. -- it does NOT accept it and gives you a new code.. and same thing OVER and OVER AGAIN .. (as many times as you try to enter that easy to see code)

BUT .. then take the link to the browser ... Enter the code in the browser .. and Download link is given right away as normally ...

SO - in browser it's working .. and in FRD - so far it's NOT

P.S.
iFolder is lagging for me lately .. - when go to the link's page (say in the browser) .. often the page doesn't want to open up.. so gotto try again .. in a few minutes etc.. - eventually it will open up
Not sure if it's my computer / internet .. or their site is just lagging..
In any case .. i don't think that has anything to do with the code not being accepted (as correct code) in FRD.. (but not sure 100% of course.. so who knows....)

What gives? eye rolling smiley .. i got no clue

Hopefully you can fine-tune it, somehow :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2012 12:15PM by Darkman00.
September 02, 2012 11:25PM
it was working for me before I released the plugin update

every time i have tried to test the short method problem you describe rusfolder.com has foreign traffic exceeding
the Russian and defaults to the long method (which still works)

finally it used the short method again . . . . and it still works for me
September 03, 2012 08:44PM
YES!

It IS working now :)

It gave me bunch of "foreign trafic exceding" etc. as well..

but finally i "got through to the short method" .. - it gave me the code ..a nd it's WORKING now .. - entered the code and it went :)

NOT sure what was happening couple of days ago then.. - but it wasn't working.. - maybe was some fluke :)

It's working now .. Thanks a LOT! :)
September 06, 2012 05:50PM
Well, I am here to report again...

In most cases .. when there is a "short procedure" at iFolder .. it's not accepting the code in FRD...

As i reported earlier, originally...

But then you reported that it IS working for you .. and i tried again .. and it WAS working INDEED :))))

BUT since then .. in 90% of cases ... as i reported originally -- CODEs are NOT accepted... --- Keep on trying and trying (easy to see codes) .. and wrong code .. with code box popping out over and over again...
However as soon as i take the link to the browser ... - in browser enter the CODE and it accepts it . and gives a link .. - so the problem is still ongoing .. even though in some cases it does work in FRD
Any way to improve the plugin .. or to solidify it, somehow? :)

Here are few more links at iFolder to try (P.S. ... in most cases as of late it gives me a "short procedure" there at iFolder

link 1 - [rusfolder.com]

link 2 - [rusfolder.com]

Thanks
September 06, 2012 11:18PM
ok - it now sometimes loops on the captcha code for me too

there is essentially no difference between the site's code for when it loops and works
the site is not responding that a wrong code was entered, it is just asking for another code

i have made a small change to the plugin that should stop it looping indefinitely.

when testing the plugin it worker fine for the first code most of the time,
occasionally it asked me for a 2nd code, only 2 occasions it asked for a 3rd code,
and once it said file name not found ??
its now again defaulting to the long method (still working fine)
September 07, 2012 06:06PM
Thanks.. will be testing it .. when the DL links arrive :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login