WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BBC Plugin

Posted by Steve 
BBC Plugin
July 04, 2022 03:28PM
For months now I have been using the 1.0 beta version with no problems up until today. When I copy a link from the BBC it does not open the box with the link in it. If I click on add URL and then copy from clipboard, it has nothing to copy- or the 'copy from' has not registered it. As a possible solution, I have just downloaded v0.9u4 and then updated the plugins. For some reason it refuses to download anything from the BBC. I copy the link, and this time the box opens in the FRD program and I click download. The main window says it is getting the program but locks. I click the pause button, wait a minute and then retry. It tells me the program/link is unavailable. I have tried three different tv programs that I have downloaded before and all three have the same result. Is it the plugin that is not working, or (as I have just bought a new PC with windows 11) could it be the system? I have checked the antivirus to make sure it is not blocking anything. Apart from that I'm lost.
Re: BBC Plugin
July 06, 2022 02:00PM
I just tried the beta version again. I unticked the allow tor in the options for the BBC plugin. I clicked resume and the download started for about a minute. It then stopped. I clicked resume and it started. I have paused the download as I was only using it to see if the problem was sorted. I'll come back if anything else happens.
Re: BBC Plugin
July 06, 2022 02:18PM
I should have waited before sending in the last comment. I just tried to delete the program I was downloading and an error message arrived. I tried sending it via the box that opened but it would not. It did however say Fatal error. So something is not right. Maybe it's Win11 not liking something, or the new java is not doing its thing. The second program I clicked on is still working. I just keep on trying things and see what happens.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login