September 15, 2013 02:04PM
TAS257 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A plugin for [pbskids.org] would be awesome
> (just thought I'd add the link here). Thanks for
> your time.
>
> TAS257

There is problem with pbskids, they uses flash for video clip browser, they don't provide specific URL/link for specific video clip. They produce RTMP urls -- they apparently provide multiple qualities for video clip -- based on triggered-action on the flash player, in browser that is when you choose video clip to play. I don't have clue how to determine filename and the RTMP video url.

The RTMP video url itself is -- as ntoskrnl said -- pretty straightforward. You can get the urls from web debugger or url snooper tool -- I use firebug in firefox. For example :
rtmp://s3h56pp78s3goi.cloudfront.net/cfx/st/mp4:cove2.0/curious-george/81d34137-0ee5-48c2-974f-95c167c41abc/2013-07-25-140345/hd-mezzanine-16x9/cuge501_episodea_m1080-16x9-mp4-1200k.mp4

Once we get the RTMP url, our rtmp plugin can easily download the video, but as I said, I can't determine the RTMP url.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2013 02:06PM by tong2shot.
Re: What plugins people want
September 17, 2013 10:08AM
tong2shot Wrote:
> There is problem with pbskids, they uses flash for
> video clip browser, they don't provide specific
> URL/link for specific video clip. They produce
> RTMP urls -- they apparently provide multiple
> qualities for video clip -- based on
> triggered-action on the flash player, in browser
> that is when you choose video clip to play. I
> don't have clue how to determine filename and the
> RTMP video url.
>
> The RTMP video url itself is -- as ntoskrnl said
> -- pretty straightforward. You can get the urls
> from web debugger or url snooper tool -- I use
> firebug in firefox. For example :
> rtmp://s3h56pp78s3goi.cloudfront.net/cfx/st/mp4:co
> ve2.0/curious-george/81d34137-0ee5-48c2-974f-95c16
> 7c41abc/2013-07-25-140345/hd-mezzanine-16x9/cuge50
> 1_episodea_m1080-16x9-mp4-1200k.mp4
>
> Once we get the RTMP url, our rtmp plugin can
> easily download the video, but as I said, I can't
> determine the RTMP url.

First off, thanks for the reply and apologies it took me so long to write one back. Second of all, I do understand most of what you are saying about the RTMP url. For instance, I understand that your saying you can't create a plugin to automatically fetch the RTMP url. But what I'm not sure of, is if I was to go to all the trouble of finding the RTMP url (just like the one you shared above) does it mean I can download the video in FRD with this link or not? I'm wondering this due to when you stated 'Once we get the RTMP url, our rtmp plugin can easily download the video'.

With these questions in mind, I went back to PBSKids and to the video site that I'm interested in (i.e. Cyberchase) and retrieved a video url for you. Will this help or is this just the same as to what you are referring?
'http://pbskids.org/cyberchase/videos/#!/seasons-1-8/1?guid=601ad933-d277-463c-b9e0-5ec3bb0ef795'

I know there are a lot of questions, but I hope you can help me. Once again thanks for your time.

Regards
TAS257

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2013 11:34AM by TAS257.
September 17, 2013 12:34PM
I believe the main problem is that there is no way for you to indicate to FRD which video you want to download, because the same URL is used for many videos.
September 17, 2013 01:40PM
Except if there is guid, as provided by the example. We can get video URLs from the example by requesting :
[pbskids.org]

But many programs (Thomas and Friends, Daniel, Curious George, etc) don't provide "Share link" button (thus guid).

Or queue all videos from the selected program (+ season if any) if there is no guid.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2013 01:48PM by tong2shot.
September 17, 2013 09:39PM
ntoskrnl Wrote:
> I believe the main problem is that there is no way
> for you to indicate to FRD which video you want to
> download, because the same URL is used for many
> videos.

Well actually, the link provided below (without the brackets) is the URL for just one episode of Cyberchase, proving that it can be found if the site has a 'Share link' button next to the video. Unfortunately the problem is not all sites under the PBSKids website have this feature.
'http://pbskids.org/cyberchase/videos/#!/seasons-1-8/1?guid=601ad933-d277-463c-b9e0-5ec3bb0ef795'

tong2shot Wrote:
> Except if there is guid, as provided by the
> example. We can get video URLs from the example by
> requesting :
> [pbskids.org]
> by=-airdate&return=type,captions&status=available&
> program=Cyberchase&endindex=150&encoding=&type=Epi
> sode&tags=cc-season1
>
> But many programs (Thomas and Friends, Daniel,
> Curious George, etc) don't provide "Share link"
> button (thus guid).
>
> Or queue all videos from the selected program (+
> season if any) if there is no guid.

Well I'm not an expert or anything, but isn't this better than nothing? I mean in most cases I would be downloading all the videos from the selected site anyway, and even if I don't, I can just remove them from my queue (before they download) if these are episodes I don't want. I know it's probably not helpful for a lot of other people (even though I am perfectly fine with this process personally) but what about the shows that do have a 'Share link', will these work with a plugin? And is it worthwhile doing a plugin for just these shows?

I'm suggesting options such as these because some of these shows can be quite rare in some cases and there seems to be no other alternative to downloading these particularly RTMP videos (I have tried hundreds of different options, to no luck). Thus I come to the conclusion that people, such as myself, wouldn't mind doing the little extra effort bit of sorting a queue of videos to be able to get these for ourselves. Anyway, I just wanted to throw that out there, but apologies if I went a little too overboard with all of this. I do however appreciate the time you take in this matter. Cheers.

TAS257

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2013 09:54PM by TAS257.
September 17, 2013 11:28PM
Okay please try PbsKids plugin v1.0.0.

There is option to choose video quality :

Edit : woops, there is minor mistake on the option title. I'll fix it later. I'm in hurry right now. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2013 11:36PM by tong2shot.
September 18, 2013 11:53AM

Minor glitch fixed.

Tunlr is acting weird again. If you're in the US, you might want to disable Tunlr.
September 21, 2013 06:05AM
Wow, just checked this forum and was just so excited to see the new plugin. After updating it in FRD, I added all 8 seasons of Cyberchase to my links, and they were all added and named correctly. My thanks to you tong2shot as it is really appreciated. However not all episodes downloaded correctly. While more than half of the series downloaded fine and with no troubles, mostly all episodes of Season 4, 5, 6 and 7 (plus 2 episodes of Season 2) come up with an error saying the following:
ERROR - Error parsing stream URL

(I have also added 2 links that come up with this error so you can see if you are getting this as well, just remove the brackets)
'http://pbskids.org/cyberchase/videos/#!/seasons-1-8/2?guid=f0a26a81-a7e2-4448-aafe-14763877272d'
'http://pbskids.org/cyberchase/videos/#!/seasons-1-8/2?guid=822b5e7c-8b15-4e79-ae1e-9ccbc390d216'

Is this a common issue? Does this mean they can be downloaded or not? The reason I ask is because I was able to download some episodes from these seasons, just others I can not. I hope you can help. Thanks for your time.

Regards
TAS257
September 21, 2013 07:50AM
Plugin v1.0.2 should work for those videos too. smiling smiley
September 21, 2013 12:00PM
adrive.com Thanks.

Link : [www.adrive.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login