WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ERROR-Connection timed out

Posted by comon1234 
ERROR-Connection timed out
March 30, 2011 12:22PM
I used to use FreeRapid 0.83 to download something on the megaupload.Recently I update it to 0.85u1(the lastest version) and update all the plugins,but it seems not work since it has updated.It always says "Testing" or "Getting"or"ERROR-Connection timed out".When I check the link on the browser,it's available.My JRE has been updated to the lastest version,I haven't configure any anti-virus software.Please help me,app and link has posted,THX a lot.

links:
[www.megaupload.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2011 01:23PM by Vity.
Attachments:
open | download - app.log (18.5 KB)
Re: The lastest version can't download from the Megaupload(app and link has attached)
March 30, 2011 12:46PM
It has nothing to do with Freerapid. Check your proxy settings or something like that.

-------------------------------------

I haven't configure those settings,when I click those links in my browser it's availabel.But it may takes a long time for FreeRapid to get those links correctly becauese it always says those imformation above.
Attachments:
open | download - pic2.png (47.6 KB)
open | download - pic1.png (72.6 KB)
Re: The lastest version can't download from the Megaupload(app and link has attached)
March 30, 2011 01:22PM
You have to setup your connection information properly.

Could you tell me how to configure those setting more specificly?Or how can I re-install this software clearly?
I find it hard to connect to the Megaupload server by FreeRadpid,maybe Mega want to ban this tool?
March 30, 2011 02:17PM
Connection timeout means a very slow or otherwise bad connection. FRD can't do anything about it.
I found that removing the tick of "Allow only one instance" seems to help a lot.Doesn't it mean that software don't allow the user to run two or more FRD at the same time?Maybe I misunderstand it? I recommand Vity to add a FRD_fix_tool for the next version,so that it's convenient for us to reset the setting after we configured it incorrectly.

In additon,I configure the hosts file in the system,so that FRD can easily find the valid link,this is a part of my hosts file content:

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# 174.140.154.15 www.megaupload.com
# ::1 localhost

I'd want to know can the plugins search the fastest mirror of the website?What I configure my hosts file is needless?

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2011 04:55AM by comon1234.
April 01, 2011 05:01AM
It's obvious that another application is blocking FRD. Firewall, antivirus, whatever...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login