WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hulu plugin is great but it could be the best ever with a new feature..

Posted by giqcass 
Hulu plugin is great but it could be the best ever with a new feature..
January 22, 2012 03:05AM
I love the Hulu plugin as it is but I also see it's potential as the best plugin ever with a little work. Hulu allows you to pick shows you like and have them added to your queue. If the hulu plugin could monitor that list and start downloads when things are added free rapid would become a virtual DVR. The queue is avaliable as a public url like the following where "user" is your user name in the url.
[www.hulu.com]
That url will show a list of shows you have selected as wanting to watch and the newest episode will appear there when they come out on Hulu. Thanks to Vity for this wonderful program and thanks to ntoskrnl and all of the other plug in developers.
Re: Hulu plugin is great but it could be the best ever with a new feature..
January 22, 2012 09:14AM
I could make the plugin parse that page and add all the links to the queue, but monitoring it is another thing. That would be best done with an RSS feed reader feature, which FRD unfortunately lacks at present.
January 22, 2012 10:09PM
That would be a great addition. If you did that we could add our queues all at once in just a couple clicks. That would be one more leap toward FRD Hulu dvr. Thank you for your work. smileys with beer
January 23, 2012 06:19AM
Hulu does have a "list view, text only" display for your Queue. I just copy/paste that list like once a week and FRD reads it and saves everything automatically. All I usually do is highlight the shows individually to have each show saved into a different folder.

[www.hulu.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2012 06:20AM by melial.
January 23, 2012 06:53AM
That is my basic thought but I like to automate everything. If ntoskrnl added the ability to parse the queue page then I found the vbs code to put a link to my queue page on my clipboard. I figure I add that to taskscheduler and figure out a way to tell frd to say ok download it and we got a dvr. Regardless you gotta love this plug in. I use a bat file to tell my computer where to put things when they are done so everything goes to the same folder then my computer moves it to my NAS in the proper place. I must just be lazy, lol! Thanks everyone!
January 23, 2012 12:01PM
Plugin v1.1.2 should support parsing queue pages.
January 23, 2012 07:50PM
You are great!!!!!!!!!!!!! Made my day.
January 23, 2012 11:42PM
Wow!!! Already done and working. Just tested the plugin. Thank you yet again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login