WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Plug-in issues...

Posted by Devist 
Plug-in issues...
February 13, 2012 01:58AM
Okay... This is my first time participating in a forum like this, so please forgive any potential noobish behavior you may see.

* your FRD version - 0.86u1
* your plugin version - DepositFiles ver. 1.3.2; Extabit ver. 1.1.0; Rapidshare ver 1.1.16
* describe problematic behaviour - parsing issues (API Response); File not found messages; EDIT: Repeated captcha entry
* provide download link you have problem with -
[rapidshare.com]
[extabit.com]
[depositfiles.com]
* we will be grateful for app.log file which you can find in FRD root folder - Attached

Detailed description of problems:

For both Extabit and Depositfiles, messages were received stating that the file was not found. Loading these addresses into the browser proved that not only were the files present, but that the page itself was in good health and proper working order.
EDIT:For Extabit alone, I have been getting repeated captcha entry windows. Just after posting this topic, I tried the Extabit address in my browser. I entered the captcha, pressed enter, and... voila! It refreshed the captcha instead of moving to the download screen. It seems as though the site has been updated to require an actual "click" instead of a keystroke.
For Rapidshare, to be honest, I'm not sure if this is a plugin issue or something screwing up within my own computer. However, it has been giving me "ERROR Parsing API Response" messages all day long. I was able to download one RS file just fine, but haven't had luck with this last one.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have, and for you patience.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2012 02:25AM by Devist.
Attachments:
open | download - app.log (109.5 KB)
Re: Plug-in issues...
February 13, 2012 10:05AM
I can reproduce the ExtaBit captcha issue, I'll have a look at it.

The RS and DF problems seem to be caused by the fact that FRD thinks it's receiving a binary stream instead of text. As a matter of fact, I have experienced this condition too. Unfortunately it's extremely rare and difficult to reproduce. Now that I know it's not a problem on my end, I can start debugging it more. Restarting FRD should fix it however, at least temporarily.
February 13, 2012 10:25AM
tong2shot fixed the ExtaBit plugin (v1.1.1). smiling smiley
February 13, 2012 03:09PM
ntoskrnl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The RS and DF problems seem to be caused by the
> fact that FRD thinks it's receiving a binary
> stream instead of text. As a matter of fact, I
> have experienced this condition too. Unfortunately
> it's extremely rare and difficult to reproduce.
> Now that I know it's not a problem on my end, I
> can start debugging it more. Restarting FRD should
> fix it however, at least temporarily.

I had similar problem (if I understand that correctly) with at least two filehosts (bebasupload and indowebster). I've to consider content-type:text/plain as stream, just before saving file, and the problem seems disappear (from what I experienced). And yes, it rarely happens.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2012 03:16PM by tong2shot.
February 13, 2012 05:15PM
This is different -- ALL requests are though to be streams (even plugin update requests), no matter what the content type header says. I really don't know what causes it. It's temporary as it disappears with a restart of FRD.
February 13, 2012 09:39PM
Thanks, Ntoskrnl! I'll go ahead and try that restart.

And thanks to you as well, Tong2shot, for the plugin update!

If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know.
February 14, 2012 11:15PM
Same here - after restarting FRD, downloading from RS is ok again!

ntoskrnl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Restarting FRD should
> fix it however, at least temporarily.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login