WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Filepost filenames of a set of related files shortened and then skipped

Posted by arnie101 
Filepost filenames of a set of related files shortened and then skipped
April 02, 2012 11:14AM
FRD 0.86u1, filepost.com 1.04, OS XP SP3 , Browser Firefox 10.0.2

I have noticed this phenomenon lately with quite a few filesets representing DVDs. I mark the set in my browser and copy the set into FRD. Upon validation usually most, not all filenames, get shortened as can be seen in the FRD user interface.
Thus, if the first of now equally named files is downloading or downloaded , the rest of the set is skipped.

Usually DVD contain several GB of files and this the Force Download feature would also come handy for accelerating the download. This is also not possible because of the skipping effect.

There are no related entries in the app.log file.

Her is an example which should you help reproduce this effect:

[filepost.com]

In case this is gone and/or you need more information, pls let me know. Thanks!

Edit:

I have some difficulty to give a precise description for reproducing. But I have found that if I want to use the "Force Download" feature, I have to wait for the first download to start, before I can do another "Force Download" for a second file.
And then it might or might not work (i.e. skip)
Normally I just can start one after the other.

And since the https protocol is once again involved as in my last bug report (which lead to v 1.0.4) my first but uneducated guess it that this also may be somehow related.

What I would like to be able to do is: mark a set of 10 (related) downloads and apply the "Forcefull download" feature just once, without having an issue.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2012 12:45PM by arnie101.
Re: Filepost filenames of a set of related files shortened and then skipped
April 02, 2012 02:30PM
The plugin currently grabs the file name as it is visible on the download page -- as you can see, it is shortened there. However, it seems that the full file name is available in the page title, and we can modify the plugin to grab the file name from there instead.
April 02, 2012 02:39PM
Plugin v1.0.5 grabs the full file name from the title. smiling smiley
April 02, 2012 04:01PM
hey, thanks!

your response time at record levels!

Edit

just tested with a similar download; it works like a charm.

Thank you very much!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2012 04:36PM by arnie101.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login