WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

way to enlarge captcha

Posted by slickrcbd 
way to enlarge captcha
July 22, 2012 01:14AM
I'm having a hard time reading some of the captcha challenges, yet it's not as difficult on the actual website. I think FRD's dialog box shrinks some of them down.
I'd like for there to be a way to ensure the captchas are never shrunk, and even give an option to blow them up 200%. This would necessitate being able to adjust the captacha dialog box.

My eyesight isn't as good as it once was, and the captchas are hard enough to read as they are, they don't need to be shrunk down so I have to squint even harder. I find this picture difficult to read, but it looks like THIS time I guessed right. Next time I get a captcha prompt I'll screen shot it as well until I get one where I guess wrong (again) and upload it instead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2012 02:08AM by slickrcbd.
Attachments:
open | download - CaptchaTest.jpg (11.4 KB)
Re: way to enlarge captcha
July 22, 2012 04:56AM
I like this request, we will certainly support it in the next version (the zooming).

-------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2012 06:01AM by Vity.
July 22, 2012 07:20AM
This may be a useful algorithm: [en.wikipedia.org]

I believe there are Java implementations available.
July 23, 2012 12:24AM
It's more a question of not resizing the image in the first place. Here are two that I found shurnk although I did manage to get one of them.
Attachments:
open | download - captcha3.jpg (10.7 KB)
open | download - captcha2.jpg (19 KB)
July 23, 2012 05:59AM
The text outside of the image is not FRD's problem. It serves the image from server without any transformation.

-------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2012 06:02AM by Vity.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login