Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Few more wishes for future improvements

Posted by Pumbaa 
Few more wishes for future improvements
August 20, 2009 11:27AM
Hi again.

After half-year FRD usage I've got few wishes:
1. Alternate links for each download - usually for the same file there are links to different file hosters, so switch between them if current returns error or long waiting time or this host is in use by another proceeding download.
2. Ability to set some kind of "auto-action" on after download - first thing I do after archives downloading is running associated program to test it.
3. Web, mail, icq management interface - to give opportunity add, start, stop from far-far-away =). Web may be the simlpest way, but not everybody do have static IP. So if doing this think of them too.
4. Http & ftp files download - not to share internet channel between different downloading programs, browsers etc. It just gives easier way of common download managment.
5. Auto delete previous tmp files - some times when connection was unstable I've met broken-connection-tmp FRD files in download folder for 2 or 3 times. And they were "in use" when I tried to delete them manually. Of course they dissapeared after download finish, but getting 1Gb file it's possible to occupy the same disk space or even more with useless previous broken-connection-tmp files.

Good luck.
Re: Few more wishes for future improvements
July 02, 2010 05:43PM
I vote for support of mirror links - frd would switch between those as needed.
November 17, 2010 08:06PM
The first proposal is excellent. Alternating between different hosts to download parts of a file. I use lists of links that appear on the site (for different hosts), then I put them for download all (repetitive) parts, then give them priority manually and manually remove those that are repeated.
90% of this is a tedious and repetitive work, made to overcome this weakness of FRD
December 01, 2010 06:04PM
Also, Extra options for premium membership downloads on host servers(i.e : MU, RS. HF. etc ...) that could download parallelel multi-file links. Thanks! . . .
February 03, 2011 07:40AM
HOW TO TURN OFF NAGGING POP UP WINDOW ABOUT NEW VERSION ??? every time I start program there is popup window about new wersion to download wich I DO NOT WANT ! angry smiley
February 03, 2011 09:51AM
U mad?

Update to the latest version.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login