WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

problem with math expresions

Posted by litueche 
problem with math expresions
November 11, 2006 11:37PM
hi..
I discovered this great program like a week ago.. but I just cant get math experssions to work... not even one :( I have even tried the same expressions you put in your flash guide.. but the same thing.. nothing work.. if I put the math expression symbo.. no matter what I write..It just appear " worng expression" or a square with uview

I have tried hibview (versions 0.1.1 and 1.0 beta 11) and uview

its there any winning combination of program versions to make it work? any extra detail?

is it a problem of wordrider? or from hibview?

Im very sure I'm not witting a wrong expression.. but If anyone have a file with a "100% sure working" math expression.. I would appretiate it.. to test on my calculator or the emulator

Thans
Fabian
Re: problem with math expresions
November 12, 2006 12:12AM
Hi Fabian,
that's interesting problem. I have never heard of it.
Try this one:
[wordrider.net]

It's a variable 'test' in the main folder. You should see an integral I(x dx).

Can you upload ('Attach a file' button) one of problematic file? I will check it.
I will test it in the morning (here is 1am smiling smiley ).

Vity

PS. I saw your topic on calculadoras.cl, but I didn't understand it. Thanks for the translation.

-------------------------------------

November 12, 2006 02:20AM
hi.. really thanks for the quick responce..

I solve the problemˇˇˇˇ XD

I had to erase the whole message.. as I took pictures of the errors.. and explained everything I did and stuff..I was ready to sent it..(I lost like 20 minutes writing the response.. trying to be as clear as posible .. to find the problem XD)

and then.. playing with the emulator.. I found the solution..

I really dont know why.. BUT.. If I open hibview or uview from the PreOs shell (the menu)..and then do the normal process to open the text file I just cant see the math expressions..BUT.. If I open the viewers directly.. ( using varlink and then closing the pharenthesis) all the expressions works perfectlyˇˇ haha.. I guess its a memory stuff or something....

Dont know if you knew about this..maybe you can try to recreate it.. and see if this happens to you too...

I'll use this oportunity.. to ask you.. its there any way.. wordrider.. use a longer number of columbs for the text?.. I mean.. to use the horizontal scroll from hibview??.. that just brings you more posibilities and I found myself many times wanting that function.. to organize better my stuff and dont make super extra long and stretch documents ..

really thanks for your responce... and congratulations.. for this amazing tool you created

Fabian

PS: didnt knew you look at calculadoras.cl so often haha I found that site like a week ago... and I have really learned a lot.. 6 years with a ti89.. and I didnt knew how to used at all.. and I'm from chile too
November 12, 2006 03:43PM
>>I really dont know why.. BUT.. If I open hibview or uview from the PreOs shell (the menu)..and then do the normal process to open the text file I just cant see the math expressions..BUT.. If I open the viewers directly.. ( using varlink and then closing the pharenthesis) all the expressions works perfectlyˇˇ haha.. I guess its a memory stuff or something....

Interesting. I will add this information to FAQ.

>>>I'll use this oportunity.. to ask you.. its there any way.. wordrider.. use a longer number of columbs for the text?.. I mean.. to use the horizontal scroll from hibview??.. that just brings you more posibilities and I found myself many times wanting that function.. to organize better my stuff and dont make super extra long and stretch documents ..

I added it on the feature-request-list for version 0.9 smiling smiley.

Vity

-------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2006 03:50PM by Vity.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login