WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can you help a complete newbie?

Posted by hebe 
Can you help a complete newbie?
December 01, 2006 07:02PM
Hello!

I am a dedicated fan of my TI 89 Titanium.
I would very much like to be able to view pictures of graphs and such that I have saved as bitmap and jpeg files, on the calc.

I have tried almost every program avaliable, but no luch. I have dowloaded the WordRider and it works on the PC, but I am not sure what to do next.

Can you give me a point by point for dummies version, please?

I really want to have these pictures ready for an exam on tuesday, since it is perfectly legal and a really big help for me!
Re: Can you help a complete newbie?
December 01, 2006 07:23PM
Hi Hebe, thanks for selecting WordRider smiling smiley.
You have to install some of viewer into calc (Hibview or TxtRider or uView) to view WordRider files (89t). See flash tutorials in the documentation section [wordrider.net]. There are guides for newbies how to do that.
Ask again if you meet with some problem.

Regards
Vity

-------------------------------------

December 01, 2006 08:10PM
Thank you for your reply.

I have managed to install txtrider as well as save the files as .89
But when I 2nVarlink the txtrider in home, I get the message done.
What have I done wrong?
December 01, 2006 08:49PM
I am not sure.
Try to install PreOS, i guess it will help you. It will make some intern changes.

December 02, 2006 12:17PM
Yup, had not marked the preos and installed it, just transferred it. Newbie mistake, I guess...

But, the pictures I have transferred wont show? The textrider just posts a questionmark. Any ideas?

Sorry to be such a nuicance..
December 02, 2006 05:36PM
Yeah, it's common issue. The reason is quite simple. Ti-89 doesn't support multi-level folders so the picture's file path (which is saved into 89t - text file) can contain only 1 folder name (otherwise it wouldn't be readable in the calc).

This is how saving of links to pictures works:
eg.: inserted picture lies at c:\mydocs\physics\img\mypic.89i
Text file is saved by WordRider into c:\mydocs\mydoc.89t - this file will contain a relative path to the picture as '/physics/mypic.89i'. WordRider will search also for this file in the text file's folder(c:\mydoc\mypic.89i) if that picture is not found at its relative path.
I recommend you to set your pictures to the same folder (which you use also for main document) or just easily create a special folder for them with max 1 tree deep:
eg:
c:\mydocs\physics\mydoc.89t
c:\mydocs\physics\img\mypic.89i

Then TxtRider will be able to find all linked pictures properly.

December 03, 2006 09:45AM
Thanks a million!! Got it to work properly now, and it`s just great!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login