WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Charts, Graphs and Schematics

Posted by DeanDalton 
Charts, Graphs and Schematics
December 15, 2006 02:51AM
Ok,

I think I found a way to import those charts I want. I found a program on-line called Dia. Again, I am not very computer liiterate, so I copied some information from the home page of Dia's web site. It follows:

Welcome to Dia's homepage. Dia is a gtk+ based diagram creation program released under the GPL license.

Dia is inspired by the commercial Windows program 'Visio', though more geared towards informal diagrams for casual use. It can be used to draw many different kinds of diagrams. It currently has special objects to help draw entity relationship diagrams, UML diagrams, flowcharts, network diagrams, and many other diagrams. It is also possible to add support for new shapes by writing simple XML files, using a subset of SVG to draw the shape.

It can load and save diagrams to a custom XML format (gzipped by default, to save space), can export diagrams to a number of formats, including EPS, SVG, XFIG, WMF and PNG, and can print diagrams (including ones that span multiple pages).

I think I would like to use this program for the drawings I wish to create and see again on my TI-89 Titanium.

Have you heard of this program or can you look into it to help me use it?

Also, I have successsfully installed WordRider on my PC and I believe onto my TI-89. I have created a small file with a picture imported into it and saved it on my desktop. For some reason I can not get the Wordrider program to reconize that I have the TI-89 plugged in. In other words when I go to save a file the program only reconizes my PC.

Later I was able to send the file to my TI-89 but I can not open it up on the TI-89. The file is there, but it will not open up. I should be able to simply find Hibview on my TI-89 from Var-Link, hit the F4 key, hit enter and then close the parenthsis and hit enter? The only thing that happens is the word DONE comes up. I believe that all of the appropiate Hib, Preos and WordRider files were sent to my TI-89 but I may have screwed something up.

I really want to use your program and see what it's capabilities are. I know that a lot of my fellow college students will go ape sh*t over it if it can display charts, etc.

Dean
Re: Charts, Graphs and Schematics
December 16, 2006 12:40PM
Hi Dean,
I know Dia a bit. Here you can find a short tutorial how to install and use it :
[www.seanet.com]
Use File->Export and save it as a bitmap picture (PNG, BMP, JPG, GIF), then open such picture in WordRider as in WordRider tutorial was shown.

>>
Later I was able to send the file to my TI-89 but I can not open it up on the TI-89. The file is there, but it will not open up. I should be able to simply find Hibview on my TI-89 from Var-Link, hit the F4 key, hit enter and then close the parenthsis and hit enter? The only thing that happens is the word DONE comes up. I believe that all of the appropiate Hib, Preos and WordRider files were sent to my TI-89 but I may have screwed something up.
>>

Did you installed the latest PreOS as first? Hibview is sometimes buggy, you can try to find older version or to use Txtrider or uView instead.

-------------------------------------

December 21, 2006 11:25PM
I do not understand what you mean by installing the latest PreOs as first. It is on my TI-89 but now what? I am on my semester break and really want to get this thing working before I go back to school.
December 22, 2006 12:20AM
Now you are able to run Hibview properly.

December 22, 2006 02:54PM
Dear Vity,

I do not understand your response, "Now you are able to run Hibview properly".

I have installed PreOs version 1.0.4 on my TI-89 Titanium which I had thought was the latest version. I was able to get a wordRider file called called Dean1 sent to my TI-89 but it will not open up.

Can we somehow go through what I need to do so that I may use your program? Can you give me a list of files that should be on my TI-89 and an "order of operations" to open the file in my TI-89?

I can e-mail the file I created, Dean1 to you to check out if you like.

My new semester starts Jan.8 2007 and I would like to start working on WordRider before the semeser starts.
December 22, 2006 04:23PM
Hi Dean,
there are these steps:
1. PreOS installation - it's a kernel OS, required by Hibview and sometimes TxtRider because of AMS patching.
2. 89t viewer installation - you have to choose if you want to use TxtRider or Hibview or uView (I prefer Hibview, it's the most powerful, but it's buggy and sometimes it crashes).
3. Copy text files and use Hibview to view them.

You can see a tutorial how to install and to use Hibview in the Documentation section.

Vity

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login