WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

unlimited trial

Posted by beast 
unlimited trial
May 10, 2009 07:46AM
when downloading from rapidshare, if someone else is downloading from its server (from our network, since everyone has to use the same ip address), freerapid downloader tries to download 3 or 4 times and stops trying. i didn't find any setting so that it tries unlimited no of times, so that as soon as the other person finishes downloading, it can continue. can somebody tell me how to configure this?
Re: unlimited trial
May 10, 2009 08:09AM
Options->Preferences->Connections->Error handling

-------------------------------------

May 10, 2009 08:32AM
i already had tried that by setting it to -1, but still it does not work, i tried by restarting the program also, but still it does not work.
May 10, 2009 08:40AM
Weird. I checked the code, i don't know where could be a problem.
Try to remove and add the link again.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2009 08:51AM by Vity.
May 10, 2009 09:16AM
yes, i tried by removing and adding the links also. i also tried using the links through a browser, there is no problem with the links.
also, everytime freerapid tries a new connection, it waits for 4s unnecessarily. due to this also other people in the network gets advantage as 4s is enough for getting the download link. can you please tell how to remove this 4s waiting time?
May 10, 2009 09:24AM
The 4s were not implemented without very good reason. Many services need them to check that the connection was interrupted (or finished) - especially for rapidshare. That's their protection against robots.
frd.exe -DfirstSleepTime=0

...but don't ask me if you get weird behaviour of downloading.
Saving 4 seconds won't help you. You should use a proxy server or buy your own static IP.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2009 09:33AM by Vity.
May 10, 2009 09:43AM
thanks for your help. but still the unlimited trial is not working. also using proxy server or buying ip is not possible as our institute does not allow it. so only other option left will be to buy a premium account.
May 10, 2009 09:46AM
Then the best way for you is to download same thing from multiple sources at once.
I checked the code twice. I don't see a bug. It's difficult to emulate such state.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login