WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

W10 x64 FreeRapid loop bug downloading new plugins

Posted by v3rv3 
December 10, 2015 11:08PM

I'm a new Windows 10 x64 user (current build) but used FreeRapid already before with W7 x64...

I'm currently in the process of reinstalling everything I had before on the older OS...

I've installed Java jre-8u66-windows-i586.exe & jre-8u66-windows-x64.exe and then FreeRapid.

I clicked the update option, it was sucessfull (399 plugins updated) but at the end it does nothing, if I click again, all 357 plugins are again downloaded.... Tried to quit and test again, same thing, weird loop !

Any idea what could be the cause please?

I've admin rights and disabled UAC...

I've used RegOwnit to set registry permissions for my account.

I've installed the free software "Disable Windows 10 Tracking" v2.2.4 and disabled everything. (I hate spying).

I'm also using Comodo Firewall and blocked some Windows processes that I thought should not be allowed to connect out... But I might have blocked too much... That said, FreeRapid seems able to check for plugins and download them... Unfortunately it seems it does not keep them at the end of the process.

Please help!

Thank you

Edit 1

I tried to update again and again...
Suddenly I saw some errors for few plugins:

ERROR:C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\VitySoft\FRD\plugins\

Edit 2

I took a look at:

C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\VitySoft\FRD\plugins

It seems something like the first 20 plugins were downloaded successfully and then I get ERRORS (.part) for all others plugins.

Edit 3

I copy-pasted the plugins from a backup and now it works!
So there must be an annoying bug for new users...
You should integrate plugins in the release package and update it every month.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2015 03:40AM by v3rv3.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login