WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FreeRapid Downloader cannot be downloaded

Posted by ha_pi_pi 
FreeRapid Downloader cannot be downloaded
February 07, 2016 06:38AM
Hi.

I've always found it a bit strange you don't have direct download of your program on your own site.

I just got new computer. Therefore, after many years, I had to actually download FRD, not just update it.

As I clicked on your provided link
[wordrider.net]
not only I have discovered it leads to UL (which I hate, by the way), but also that they already deleted the file (which, frankly, has not surprised me).

Fortunatelly, sites like softonic and similar, also offer FRD download. I'll try there.
I just find it a bit weird.

Best regards!:)
ha_pi_pi
Re: FreeRapid Downloader cannot be downloaded
February 07, 2016 07:50AM
Our servers wouldn't handle so much traffic (not under our limit 1TB ), since there is a pretty high traffic with plugin update downloads...
File was reuploaded. It looks like someone doesn't like FRD (or just fcking robot) black listed that file and I don't see a way how to defend us. We are coming into totalism. I had to change md5 for this file.
Also there are mirror server sites for download for these reasons.
Thanks for reporting.

-------------------------------------

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2016 07:57AM by Vity.
February 07, 2016 07:56AM
Well, thanks for replying.

It's nothing major, I just wondered, and the downloading traffic issue didn't occur to me:)

I still don't understand why choose UL of all the worlds available hostings, but that's probably your decission, too.

Best of luck,
ha_pi_pi
February 07, 2016 08:10AM
Also I DO NOT RECOMMEND to download FRD from another sites. There were already incidents with infected FRD distributions by malware (and no, your favorite ESET/XYZ antivirus didn't catch that). The only sure and safe way is to download FRD from our site.

-------------------------------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2016 08:11AM by Vity.
February 07, 2016 08:16AM
Well, that's why I've reported this.
Also UL will delete your file again, so it is inevitable a person will download FRD from other sites from time to time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login