WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not working on Windows 10 64-bit

Posted by metalinux 
Not working on Windows 10 64-bit
July 11, 2016 03:55AM
Hi,

As I do not know what are the updates getting installed on my windows 10 by Microsoft. From last couple of weeks, FRD is not opening. I see FRD logo for a glance and nothing after that. I recopied all files again. Still no luck.

OS windows 10 64-bit
Java up-to-date

Thanks,
Metalinux
Re: Not working on Windows 10 64-bit
July 11, 2016 06:10AM
Your problem is not related to OS.
Move file c:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\VitySoft\FRD\frd.odb outside of this folder and try to run FRD again.

-------------------------------------

October 02, 2016 07:50AM
Vity Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Your problem is not related to OS.
Move file c:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\VitySoft\FRD\frd.odb outside of this folder and try to run FRD again.

Where outside of the folder should one place the file?

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2023 10:16PM by ntoskrnl.
October 02, 2016 09:44AM
Filbert Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where outside of the folder should one place the
> file?

It doesn't matter, it is just a backup. smiling smiley
Re: Not working on Windows 11
September 06, 2022 11:53AM
I'm not sure, but it looks (to me) like FRD is no longer working. I have tried updating the plug-in's and there is no connection to server. I also tried 'look for new version' and the same message arrived. This started on Win7 (I think it was 7) a few months ago, but the PC went wrong so now the new one has Win11 and the problem is still there.

I then came to the site to see if there was a new version and there is not. I then clicked the 'download' button anyway and got sent to a page which has no download option. It seems that the program has been removed (I have tried the above things several times over the past few months), but now it looks like it is either a case of starting to use torrents, or finding a program that will download from the BBC. Any suggestions? It may be a case of not enough donations to keep the site running. I am as guilty of that as (probably) a lot of people here. But sadly I think the time has come to search around for an alternative to FRD. That is a shame because it has been the most reliable program for years now. I wish the best of luck to the genius who put the thing together. I hope they will return at some point in the future and either update the FRD we have grown to love and enjoy, or put a new freeware program out here that will cover as many sites as this one does.
So I guess it is farewell and goodbye for the foreseeable future. I will still try calling back every now and again to look for any new developments, but after the few months it has been already I am not holding out a lot of hope.
June 29, 2023 02:36PM
I stumbled upon your post from seven years ago and couldn't resist lending a helping hand. I hope you've managed to resolve the FRD issue by now, but if not, let's see if we can still tackle this tech challenge!
Since it's been a while, it's worth considering that FRD might have undergone significant updates or even a whole new version. Compatibility with Windows 10 64-bit could have been addressed in subsequent releases. Have you tried checking for any updated versions of FRD that are compatible with your OS? It's always good to stay up to date!
Speaking of Windows 10, back in the day, some folks found great deals on cheap Windows 10 keys. If you're still looking for one, there are resources like Reddit where you can find info on where to grab legit keys at a discounted price.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2023 11:32AM by pippakenzie.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login