WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"captcha image not found" error persists, no retries made by FRD

Posted by ifox 
"captcha image not found" error persists, no retries made by FRD
July 31, 2016 02:56AM
If a download fails with the error "captcha image not found", the error remains there forewer, even after FRD restart.
FRD never tries to retry the captcha resolving and restart the download automatically, when this error occurs. I always have to click the download icon manually (ulozto.cz in particular).

Setting a number of false attempts retry count in the program settings has no efect on this particular situation. It does not apply to false captcha resolutions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2016 02:56AM by ifox.
Re: "captcha image not found" error persists, no retries made by FRD
July 31, 2016 01:43PM
That's deliberate decision. The "captcha image not found" error message means that the plugin can't find the captcha image, because the page layout has changed. So the plugin needs to be fixed.

Automatically restarting the download in this circumstance doesn't solve anything, and will confuse users.

So, you're probably using an old version of plugin. Or the page layout has changed, and the plugin needs to be fixed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2016 01:47PM by tong2shot.
August 01, 2016 01:15AM
I am using the latest version of the ulozto.cz plugin (1.3.13), as I corrected in the thread [wordrider.net] now.

The captcha error occures mostly in situations, when resolving the captcha takes too much time (due to my slower CPU 1.9GHz),
I think. you can not reproduce this error on a faster PC.

So, the origin of the problem could be a timeout. When I resume the same download a couple of seconds after the error manually, the captcha is read correctly.

Not a big deal, when I am currently at the PC, but when I schedule my downloads overnight by task scheduler, I am often a bit disappointed in the morning, that the downloads did not start during the whole night.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2016 01:35AM by ifox.
August 01, 2016 01:41PM
The captcha auto recognition is fast, it takes roughly less than 2 seconds. And my machine which I'm typing this message on is not too fast either (Dual Core 2.7GHz). So probably the timeout is server issue, but I can't reproduce that either.

What is your use case, how many files did you download concurrently from ulozto? 10 files? 20 files?

I only test 4 files for ulozto concurrently.
August 01, 2016 01:44PM
It works fine to me.
@Ifox: You should delete your plugins folder in the configuration directory and download them again.

-------------------------------------

August 01, 2016 02:18PM
tong2shot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The captcha auto recognition is fast, it takes
> roughly less than 2 seconds. And my machine which
> I'm typing this message on is not too fast either
> (Dual Core 2.7GHz). So probably the timeout is
> server issue, but I can't reproduce that either.

I have an old single core Athlon XP in my download PC, it is way slower than current Intel CPU's. The captcha resolution can take there up to 2 minutes per one file (only one download at a time allowed in the settings). In my other modern PC everything goes fine and quick, with exactly the same settings and FRD/user folder content.

I think the problem of the captcha not found error might be caused by a timeout in the FRD plugin, if it is unable to resolve the captcha in a given time period. Naturally, I don't know, if such a limitation exists in the plugin code and how long it is, I never saw the source of the two (ulozto and ulozto-captcha) plugins.
If there is one, please remove or prolong it.

It would be also nice, if the main FRD application retries connection attempts in a such case (captcha error), like I wrote.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2016 02:20PM by ifox.
August 01, 2016 02:43PM
Perhaps you can use the "connectionTimeoutMS" parameter. Add the parameter in "startup.properties" file. For example for 4 minutes timeout:
-DconnectionTimeoutMS=240000

You can see the detail in "UserProp.java" in FRD source code.
August 01, 2016 04:11PM
Thanks, I'll try it.

EDIT: As it has been written here in the forum quite recently: The large the (ulozto.cz) target file is ( most noticeable above 1GB ), the more time FRD takes to estimate download time and start downloading. Maybe this is the culprit (too). The CPU plays no role in this case (low usage).
I tried now with a 9GB file and the checking is still not done in 5 minutes.
EDIT2: The file check finally ended with the "connection reset" error. After an automatic retry, the download started normally without any delay.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2016 04:34PM by ifox.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login