WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I can't download anything after 5 years of no problems

Posted by Steve 
I can't download anything after 5 years of no problems
September 20, 2017 03:39PM
After five years of having no problems I am now faced with the problem of not being able to download anything. So far I have removed all of the Java stuff and then loaded up the latest version. I deleted the FreeReapid folder -(not from control panel as it does not register there) and then reloaded the programme from the zipped file. Still no luck. I deleted the folder again, downloaded the new Beta and ran that. It copied all the settings from somewhere and that does not work either. I have only tried a couple of sites including the BBC and it tells me that it cannot download fron the site, it can't connect to the site or some other reason. Does anyone have any ideas [I am not familiar with computerspeak so nothing technical if possible].
Cheers
Re: I can't download anything after 5 years of no problems
September 20, 2017 05:45PM
Steve,
please provide more details of your problems. Which URLs you are trying to download? What does FRD show to you? Can you take a screenshot?
Also it would be helpful if you copy/upload content of app.log file (Help->Open log file)

-------------------------------------

September 20, 2017 08:05PM
Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply.
I have tried the BBC and the screen shows me ERROR -Cannot download from service
YouTube - ERROR - SWF URL not found
So far the veehd site has shown me this message - ERROR - Error starting download. However, life being like it is I actually managed to start downloading something (from veehd) as I am writing this mail. That is the only sucess I've had in the last 6 days of trying.
Attachments:
open | download - app.log (57.4 KB)
September 20, 2017 08:58PM
It seems that these issues are separate problems with each plugin. It seems that these problems just happened to occur at the same time. Other people have also reported the same error with the YouTube plugin. Unfortunately you'll have to wait until we fix the plugins.
September 21, 2017 08:37PM
Ah ha. That sounds like a plan. Hopefully you can sort out the BBC plug in as well. However, last night I tried to download from the BBC again and after about 5 minutes a message came up saying I was not in the right area to view the content. That seems odd as the I Player is available across the UK. It is also the first time that message has been shown since I first started using FRD.
September 21, 2017 09:26PM
I just released an update to the YouTube plugin which should fix that issue.
September 22, 2017 02:21PM
I just tried the youtube download and it works. smileys with beer Happy days. Thank you.

While the youtube download was happening I hi-lited the BBC download and clicked on Plugin Options (bbc.co.uk). I unticked the box marked 'enable tor' then OK. I then hit the resume button and it started working. thumbs up I don't know if that was the reason for it working but I'm happy now.
Re: First time in ages...but
September 17, 2018 01:54PM
Hello again,
I've been using the Beta version for over a year(ish) and only had one problem that I told you about back then. However, the thing that has started happening again is that the download stops and I am asked if I want to overwrite, skip or cancel. It stopped happening for months and now it is occasionally happening again.

The other thing is that the itv.com is not working. I get the message ERROR -java.lang.IllegalStateException: unsupported protocol; 'tor -gb -http. [The message is in the Est. Time column]

Do you think it is a local problem to my pc or maybe the plug-in is not working? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
September 17, 2018 02:00PM
Hi,
Just an afterthought. The programme/link I was trying is [www.itv.com] I'm not sure it is relevant but after looking through the forum I noticed you have asked someone before which link they were trying.

Once again

cheers
June 27, 2019 07:40AM
Only this month of June I cannot download anything after years and years of no problem. Please update you tube plug-in again. Thank you.
Attachments:
open | download - Image1.jpg (96.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login