WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Error:Connection refused:connect

Posted by dawger007 
Error:Connection refused:connect
January 17, 2018 07:25PM
ever since the last Java update , I cannot download anything.This message is what I get in "Est.Time" column.I did a bit of looking in FreeRapid Downloader 0.9u4 and it seem something to do with java.
Any fix? walkaround???
Re: Error:Connection refused:connect
January 19, 2018 05:56AM
I did grab jre-8u162-windows-i586, but haven't installed it yet.
Now that you have posted.. guess I should wait.
January 19, 2018 07:26PM
Thats what I would do because Downloader worked fine till I updated Java = jre-8u161-windows-i586
wish I could go back,but windows won`t let me uninstall = I get [in Add and Remove - uninstall] The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The error code is 2203 .
Been to Java sitr and Forum and searched and no luck.!!!
I was/am thinking probably no help here either
January 19, 2018 07:37PM
@dawger check this out [bugs.openjdk.java.net]

-------------------------------------

January 19, 2018 07:52PM
Thank you for answering and suggestion!!
I have gone to [[ openjdk.java.net ]] the problem listed here is with = Java Version/s:
1.4.2 ,everything worked fine now my "Windows uninstall" states I have = Java 8 Update 151
and the update on Java site is = Java = jre-8u161-windows-i586 ,so I think that something got screwed up when trying to install the update and now FreeRapid-0.9u4 opens,but will not download anything - get error,even when checking "program"=new version or pluggins.
January 21, 2018 12:36AM
I rebooted into safe mode,was able to uninstall Java thru "Windows" add and remove.But cannot install the Java I downloaded or online.....get popup stating A Program is using this.Stops right there.I`ve tryed cleaning with CCleaner,and rebooting,even tryed that in SAFE MODE,same results = no Java and cannot install
January 21, 2018 01:26PM
Portable java might help you.
Google for PortableAppZ blogspot.
January 23, 2018 04:13PM
thank you for information,I downloaded = Download Portable Java 8 Update 161 32 bit (42 Mcool smiley
I installed,C:\Documents and Settings\dawger\My Documents\Java,thats default location.
rebooted ,tryed opening = FreeRapid-0.9u4......got popup= this application requires a Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0 and "ok" button
guess that did not work
January 24, 2018 07:34AM
I found an old thread

[wordrider.net]

Its said to work via jPortable Launcher.
Maybe vity can shed more light.
January 24, 2018 07:37AM
%Path to portable_java.exe% -jar frd.jar

-------------------------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login