WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

App began frozing and debug output ends at "INFO: Extracting GZIP" eye rolling smiley

Posted by wdc 
wdc
App began frozing and debug output ends at "INFO: Extracting GZIP" eye rolling smiley
January 16, 2019 05:18PM
Hello,

i download package yesterday from official site.
Version: FreeRapid 0.9u4
JRE: 1.8.0_181

I downloaded like 2 files, everything was working but then after awaking computer, and adding a few tens of other files and resuming download, switching to other windows and then after some time i returned back to FreeRapid window, but it is grey, not responding.
I terminated the process and tried to launch a few times, also once i renamed configuration folder (.FRD in my users directory on Linux), and when re-adding the links and begin trying to validate links, it stop responding again, so this is no configuration issue i think.

i launched it in debug mode as instructed on [wordrider.net]

and here is the output (password: frd)

it is stuck on message: "INFO: Extracting GZIP"

The incomplete file resuming worked, but starting new one causing program freezing at Extracting GZIP.

Let me know please if you need additional cooperation and information.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2019 06:07PM by wdc.
Re: App began frozing and debug output ends at "INFO: Extracting GZIP" eye rolling smiley
January 16, 2019 08:16PM
Hmm, this is a weird issue. Could you try if it still occurs on FRD 1.0 beta? [wordrider.net]
wdc
Re: App began frozing and debug output ends at "INFO: Extracting GZIP" eye rolling smiley
January 16, 2019 09:32PM
I just run yours linked beta version and left configuration from previous version as it was and it stuck/got frozen too, last messages:

10:22:23 PM INFO: starting download in state s = TESTING
10:22:23 PM INFO: Starting 'runCheck' for file [uloz.to]
10:22:25 PM INFO: Extracting GZIP
10:22:42 PM INFO: Setting state to QUEUED
10:22:42 PM INFO: Getting downloadFile [uloz.to]
10:22:42 PM INFO: Loading plugin with ID=uloz.to
10:22:42 PM INFO: Plugin with ID=uloz.to was loaded
10:22:42 PM INFO: Getting plugin: PluginMetaData{dbId=520 id='uloz.to' Version=1.3.21}
10:22:42 PM INFO: Setting state to GETTING
10:22:42 PM INFO: Test for sleeping

So i stopped app and renamed its config folder (so app recreate new blank one) and started it again and pasted old and new download link, it frozen also. Last messages:

10:27:26 PM INFO: Test for sleeping
10:27:26 PM INFO: starting download in state s = TESTING
10:27:26 PM INFO: Starting 'runCheck' for file [uloz.to]
10:27:27 PM INFO: Extracting GZIP

My system do not have much memory but i think not likely that would be the cause.

Language: Java
total used free shared buff/cache available Mem: 5.8G 5.1G 160M 163M 570M 331M Swap: 9.2G 3.1G 6.1G Total: 15G 8.2G 6.3G

Then i tried to launch again and quickly pause both downloads before they starting with downloading.
Then i started the download with valid link, the app was NOT frozen, but got cycled in waiting attempts as per the debug log: like this (password: frd)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2019 09:49PM by wdc.
January 17, 2019 07:14AM
Are you using Oracle Java or OpenJDK?

-------------------------------------

wdc
January 17, 2019 10:16AM
Vity Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you using Oracle Java or OpenJDK?

Thank you for the reply. I see this:

$ java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_181"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_181-8u181-b13-2~deb9u1-b13)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.181-b13, mixed mode)
January 17, 2019 10:20AM
You should try to use Oracle Java instead
[www.digitalocean.com]

-------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2019 10:21AM by Vity.
January 17, 2019 04:48PM
OpenJDK 8 should be pretty much identical to Oracle Java 8, so it should work fine. (There was a difference between the two in earlier versions of Java.) I guess you could try it anyway to see if it makes a difference. This cycling between waiting attempts, which you are now experiencing, might be a plugin issue though.
wdc
January 17, 2019 05:38PM
I am sorry i am a noob, i tried the linked installation tutorial,, but that failed my OS do not allow adding repository to prevent compatibility issues. So i want to go manual way of install.

So i went to: [www.java.com]

Downloaded the file: wget [download.java.net]

Then i created directory /usr/java and extracted the archive to this directory.

$ ls /usr/java/jdk-11.0.2/bin
jaotc  jarsigner  javac    javap  jconsole  jdeprscan  jhsdb   jinfo  jlink  jmod  jrunscript  jstack  jstatd   pack200  rmid         serialver
jar    java       javadoc  jcmd   jdb       jdeps      jimage  jjs    jmap   jps   jshell      jstat   keytool  rmic     rmiregistry  unpack200

Can You please help how to proceed to make the system (Debian 8 based MX Linux 18), or preferably just the FRD use Oracle Java instead of OpenJDK?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2019 05:40PM by wdc.
January 17, 2019 09:35PM
I think it should work if you run "java -jar frd.jar" where "java" is in the directory you just downloaded and "frd.jar" is in the FRD directory.
wdc
January 21, 2019 08:39AM
ntoskrnl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think it should work if you ...

Thank You, yes, it launched the FRD. The command was in my case this:
/usr/java/jdk-11.0.2/bin/java -jar ~/Apps/FreeRapid-1.0beta/frd.jar

The FRD asked to update many plugins (if not all, maybe because .FRD (config folder) was maybe missing/renamed (i do not remember for sure),

Then downloading worked, no longer problem described in this topic.

So i finished DLing two files in queue and exitted FRD beta. Then launched stable version using JDK: java -jar frd.jar
and downloading ALSO works (it not worked before, as described above).

There was a computer reboot, unsure what changed.

BUT today after unsuspending PC, and copying some download URLs, resuming, it reached file server limit on number of requests and after i filled captcha on website to raise limit, it again not working (interface is gray, frozen) sad smiley , i add part of the debug log to the time of frozen interface: [privatebin.net] (password: frd ; log comes from FreeRapid-0.9u4 launched by OpenJDK)

So i stopped the app doing Ctrl+C on the terminal with app debug output. And launched it same way again, it automatically began downloading queued files (simultaneously a few files), but then one hour later i see it stuck/grey again:
Extracting GZIP

restarting it one more time made it grey/stuck right away after start. sad smiley

9:29:17 AM INFO: Test for sleeping
9:29:17 AM INFO: starting download in state s = GETTING
9:29:17 AM INFO: starting download in state s = GETTING
9:29:17 AM INFO: Setting state to WAITING
9:29:17 AM INFO: Setting state to WAITING
9:29:17 AM INFO: Going to sleep for 4 seconds
9:29:17 AM INFO: Going to sleep for 4 seconds
9:29:17 AM INFO: Loading plugin with ID=uloz.to
9:29:17 AM INFO: Plugin with ID=uloz.to was loaded
9:29:21 AM INFO: Setting state to GETTING
9:29:21 AM INFO: Setting state to GETTING
9:29:21 AM INFO: Starting 'run' for file [uloz.to]**
9:29:21 AM INFO: Starting 'run' for file [uloz.to]**
9:29:26 AM INFO: Extracting GZIP
9:29:26 AM INFO: Extracting GZIP
9:29:28 AM INFO: Setting state to ERROR
9:29:29 AM INFO: Getting downloadFile [uloz.to]**
9:29:29 AM INFO: Getting plugin: PluginMetaData{dbId=408 id='uloz.to' Version=1.3.21}
9:29:29 AM INFO: Test for sleeping
9:29:37 AM INFO: Starting to check for a new version
9:29:37 AM INFO: Connected to the web, Writing params
9:29:39 AM INFO: disconnecting
9:31:28 AM INFO: Setting state to QUEUED
9:31:28 AM INFO: Getting downloadFile [uloz.to]
9:31:28 AM INFO: Loading plugin with ID=uloz.to

THen when i try to launch FRD beta using OracleJava i get:
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.jtattoo.plaf.BasePanelUI (file:/home/me/Apps/FreeRapid-1.0beta/lookandfeel/JTattoo.jar) to field javax.swing.ClientPropertyKey.PopupFactory_FORCE_HEAVYWEIGHT_POPUP
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.jtattoo.plaf.BasePanelUI
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

and in app errors are: ERROR - Cannot download from service

after closing app i see:
9:37:57 AM SEVERE:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: plug-in uloz.to disabled internally as it wasn't properly initialized
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginManager.getPlugin(StandardPluginManager.java:206)
at cz.vity.freerapid.gui.managers.PluginsManager.getPluginInstance(PluginsManager.java:523)
at cz.vity.freerapid.gui.managers.PluginsManager.getActiveService(PluginsManager.java:596)
at cz.vity.freerapid.gui.managers.PluginsManager.getService(PluginsManager.java:569)
at cz.vity.freerapid.gui.managers.ProcessManager.execute(ProcessManager.java:168)
at cz.vity.freerapid.gui.managers.ProcessManager.run(ProcessManager.java:101)

PS: that error is because i think i am using only temporary download links that expire, not permalinks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2019 11:13AM by wdc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login