WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FRD freezing after GUI opens but before links load

Posted by artwest 
FRD freezing after GUI opens but before links load
November 06, 2019 04:04PM
Hi
On my desktop computer FRD is working fine.

On my laptop, after working fine for ages, FRD is freezing. It opens apparently normally to the point where the GUI appears but after that it freezes, usually with the cursor cycling. No already-loaded links appear and none of the buttons, such as Add URL(s), work.

I've tried re-installing FRD, Java is up to date and it's the most recent version of FRD. Both machines are running Win 7.
I have tried opening FRD before any other software in case something else is interfering with FRD opening.

I'd be grateful for any help.
Thanks
Re: FRD freezing after GUI opens but before links load
November 06, 2019 04:14PM
Did you try [wordrider.net] ?
How many links you have in the queue?
Also try to disable some antivirus or something... it might blocks FRD for some reason.

-------------------------------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2019 04:15PM by Vity.
November 06, 2019 04:57PM
Thanks for the prompt reply.

The Beta seems to be working fine and opened very quickly.
Thanks again.
May 01, 2020 06:20PM
I have the same problem for several months now. I tried update Java (unsuccesfully, because Java), open .odb file to delete items from queue (unsuccesfully, because OpenOffice Base), tried 1.0 beta, but always the same problem.

FRD freezes, when I open it. According to Task Manager it allocates 180-190 MB of memory (before it was around 50 Mcool smiley.

I have 15 695 items in queue. It is 99 % the cause of problem, because FRD seems responding until starts loading the queue. Is there any tool to edit items in queue (frd.odb) externally? I think that deleting a few items would work.

Thanks for reply.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2020 06:49PM by S313.
May 10, 2020 05:10PM
Hey, I really would like to solve this problem.

Could you please respond?

Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login