WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can I get FreeRapid to install as a program?

Posted by kenwinston 
Can I get FreeRapid to install as a program?
October 21, 2010 11:08PM
I'm loving FreeRapid!

Am running Windows XP.

When I unzipped the download of Free Rapid and hit the exe file, it opened FreeRapid. It didn't install it to my computer. So each time I want to open it, I need to find the download folder and click the exe file in it.

Is there a way to actually install it so it shows up in my programs list? What I've done, as of this morning, is put a shortcut on the desktop. And that works. But am looking for something more elegant since it's such a good program. Have had it running constantly since downloading it and am amazed at:

1. How well it works with almost all the common fileservers. The ones that make you wait and limit you to one download every 15 minutes or every 45 minutes or whatever. It does all the waiting and processing for you. So handy. I can dump into it a seemingly limitless number of file download URLS on a variety of fileservers and RapidFree does the rest, mostly invisibly (unless I WANT to peek). And if a captcha is needed, it pops up a request. I like this. I've tried other downloaders and none have been so cross-platform dependable or efficient.

2. How well-supported it is. Seems like you've upgraded it (or plugins) twice in two days. How cool for something free!

Best,
ken
Re: Can I get FreeRapid to install as a program?
October 21, 2010 11:16PM
Just answered my own question. Found under Options/preferences the button for creating a shortcut in the start menu. Have done so.

Thanks,
kwc
Re: Can I get FreeRapid to install as a program?
October 22, 2010 04:10AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login