WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can only download under 'Default' proxy but not proxy list?

Posted by goofer 
Can only download under 'Default' proxy but not proxy list?
February 05, 2009 04:07AM
Have downloaded FRD today and managed to download files when 'Use default system connection' is selected (and in which I left 'config proxy' untouched and empty).

However, download isn't possible when I tried out 'additional proxy servers' option. I've tried several txt lists to no avail. The txt files have the proxies listed with a colon separating the port, followed by a 'return/enter' click to go to next entry line where other proxies are typed.

Is there something wrong with the way I listed my txt file? I had used ports 8080 and 80 in my txt files. Is this ok?

Lastly, to use both default and additional proxies, I had 'checked' both fields. Correct?
Re: Can only download under 'Default' proxy but not proxy list?
February 05, 2009 08:27AM
how your file looks like?
Do you see your proxies under Options->Use connections?

-------------------------------------

February 06, 2009 01:33PM
Hi Vity, thanks for your quick response.

My proxy list looks like this:

xx.xx.xx.xx:8080
yy.yy.yy.yy:80

(each proxy per line, hard return after port)

Whichever check box I selected in preference (whether 'default', 'use proxy list' or both), the proxy/proxies will appear at 'Use connections' respectively for me to 'check or uncheck' here.

However, while the proxies do appear, only 'default' works.

[I would like to say also that whilst I have downloaded from Rapidshare using FRD, at times, FRD will prompt an 'Error - invalid url or unidentified service' at valid Rapidshare download points. Going to the Rapidshare url directly in Firefox shows a valid downloading url though?] -- scratch head.

Thanks again.
February 06, 2009 10:11PM
Default connection is the first used for connection.
Do you have working proxies?
Rapidshare - what plugin version do you have? Send us app.log file if you get the 'Error - invalid url or unidentified service' error. Please be sure that you have the latest plugin version...

-------------------------------------

February 08, 2009 03:59AM
Hi again Vity,

Yep, understand that default is the first connection to be used.

Proxies are working ones. Just wondering if ports 80 and 8080 lists are correct ones to use?

Rapidshare plugin (ie, ver 1.0.5) is the 'default' one when I downloaded FRD ver 0.81 recently.

The 'Error' message appears only infrequently. FRD works for Rapidshare.com most of the time for me (on default proxy).

Thanks again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login