WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

freerapid need a new java on linux and I have the latest java installed

Posted by wanas 
Re: freerapid need a new java on linux and I have the latest java installed
March 09, 2009 03:31AM
i was having a similar problem like yours, i installed latest version from repositories, but could not get it to work.

So i typed java -version and was getting version 5.

So i did this:

update-java-alternatives -l

and then:
update-java-alternatives -s java-6-sun

just make sure you have the lastest version installed, run apt-get update and apt-get install sun-java6-jre
March 17, 2009 05:50AM
Thanks jotacekm it worked 100% I was using Tucan before but its not that good like freerapid but now I am 100% supporting freerapid its really great app
March 25, 2009 12:38AM
I recently started using your Downloader in Windows. This is an amazing tool and I love it! Unfortunately I got attacked and it was the last straw for me with Windows. I've just recently started using Linux and am having a similar issue with getting FRD to run. I've read through this thread and have tried to do what I can given that there are differences between ubuntu and Suse 11.1 that I'm running. I issued the java --version command and got the following results:

java version "1.6.0_0"
IcedTea6 1.4 (suse-24.3.1-i386) Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_0-b14)

A suggestion was made to use the update-java-alternatives command to perform the needed update. One of the differences between ubuntu and Suse seems to be the update-java-alternatives command; Suse doesn't recognize this command.

Checking YaST for the version of java installed (java-1_6_0-sun - Java(TM) 6 Runtime Environment) I see that it's 1.6.0.u12-1.2.1. According to the Change log for this package, version 1.6.0 u12 was released 06Feb2009. The Sun website appears to have an update 13 but the repository doesn't seem to have it yet. Regardless this seems to be a very recent version to me. If you have any suggestions for performing the update that I suspect you're going to tell me I still need, it would be most appreciated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login