WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hulu supported worldwide now.

Posted by honey_ami 
Re: Hulu supported worldwide now.
November 09, 2012 11:47AM
Thank you tong for the quality selector.
Huge bandwidth saver smileys with beer
November 12, 2012 12:35PM
Here's an attached patch if you want to check it out. Probably not ready for committing but you can see the thing with enums.
Attachments:
open | download - Hulu.patch (27.9 KB)
November 14, 2012 08:06AM
Nice work thumbs up

Here is my thought :
1. The prepatch code is heavily derived from youtube plugin algorithm which share same characteristics. The youtube plugin uses 2 criterias (quality and container) and treats quality as flexible points. The example of flexible point in youtube plugin : if streams have video resolutions : 144p, 270p, 3072p, it will work just fine so is the prepatch code, in the patch code we have to enumerate all possible resolutions, it won't work if the streams have video resolutions which are not contain in the enum. The second example : in the patch code we have to introduce 2 different resolutions (400p and 480p) in the same category which is 480p (the 400p is the same category btw, we can check it by the bitrate label). I believe the youtube algorithm is flexible by design, and simply works.

2. If we are going to use just single criteria (quality) and treats quality as fixed/exact/not flexible points, then the algorithms that are use by dailymotion and vimeo is more simple than the patch code's algorithm. And I propose to use bitrate label (as it more stable) instead for internal logic, and keep quality in presentation layer (GUI). So we are going to need another map, to map bitrate label to quality. Note : bitrate label is not the bitrate itself, we can find the bitrate label in the first part of "file-type" param of streams info.

I'll attach the patch of patch maybe later, I don't have time right now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2012 08:08AM by tong2shot.
November 14, 2012 08:29AM
Yes, I agree, your algorithm is better in this case.

As for mapping enums to integer qualities, you can just add a new field to the enum. smiling smiley Example:

Language: Java
public enum VideoQuality { _320(320), _480(480), _720(720), _1080(1080);   private final String name; private final int height;   private VideoQuality(final int height) { this.name = String.valueOf(height) + "p"; this.height = height; }   public int getHeight() { return height; }   @Override public String toString() { return name; } }

Highest/lowest available might be a bit problematic though... Lowest can just be 0, but what about highest?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2012 08:32AM by ntoskrnl.
December 04, 2012 04:54AM
New FRD is having troubles!
New plugin works fine with the older FRD version fine!
but in the new FRD it picks up hulu URLs as some eU link and it isn't downloading!
Fix it please!
December 06, 2012 04:30PM
That's very odd, I don't know how the icon could have changed like that. Plugin v1.3.2 has the correct icon again.
December 08, 2012 06:41PM
This is working now!
December 11, 2012 08:02AM
Well when I tried to download this video's subtitle it says error saving subtitle!

[www.hulu.com]?

I think it's because of the question mark in it!

please fix the issue!
December 14, 2012 11:44AM
Plugin v1.3.3 should work for that link.
December 18, 2012 03:09AM
when I tried to download subtitles today it's giving an error!

URL: [www.hulu.com]

ERROR - subtitle not found
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login