WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mediafire Password together with Captcha

Posted by erie88 
Mediafire Password together with Captcha
December 02, 2012 08:51AM
Hi,

So this is about Mediafire Password together with Captcha. I just stumled one mediafire link that have captcha dan password together.
At first the captcha appeared then proceed with Error - The searched text between string 'kNO= "' and '";' .
I clicked resume to see if it'll works and it is continuing to inserting password. The problem here the password isn't working but just in FreeRapid. The password works fine when in browser.

So I noticed that it must be the password problem. FRD isn't able to read weird characters like §.

Link : Mediafire Pass: =1234§

PS: Unfortunately I can't reproduce the download link that have captcha and password together. The captcha is a random show up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2012 08:56AM by erie88.
Re: Mediafire Password together with Captcha
December 03, 2012 07:54AM
1234§ is not the correct password for that file. I cannot download it with my browser either.
December 03, 2012 01:01PM
ok, I have fix it. The password should work now.
December 06, 2012 04:17PM
Yes, it doesn't work in FRD due to the '§' character. It is outside of the basic ASCII range, so it must be URL encoded, and the representation is different in the UTF-8 and ISO-8859-1 encodings.

The problem is that according to the standard, URL encoding must always use the UTF-8 encoding. Unfortunately our crappy HTTP library uses ISO-8859-1 for some reason, and the server doesn't understand it. It's not possible to configure without ugly hacks. I could put some ugly hacks into the MediaFire plugin, but all other plugins are similarly broken as well.
December 08, 2012 02:32PM
oh, that character is rarely used for password so it's not a biggie problem. Might/better just leave it to the browser instead. thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2012 02:39PM by erie88.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login