Posted by Los 
Los
Uloz.to can't download *.html files
April 04, 2013 02:13PM
My version FRD is 0.9u2 build #621.
Version of uloz.to plugin is 1.0.39.

For example this file: http://uloz.to/xAfe5pM/404-html
In attachments is app.log

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_17-b02)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 23.7-b01, mixed mode)
Attachments:
open | download - app.log (6.3 KB)
Re: Uloz.to can't download *.html files
April 04, 2013 09:05PM
There is reason why FRD plugins (not just uloz.to) are not designed to download html file : it will break error detection functionality when the site changes the layout, the plugin will consume the html file instead of throwing error message.
April 05, 2013 05:09AM
Hmm, does the server send a Content-Disposition header when downloading the file? That's a way to tell if the server wants the client to download the file. I think we should check that too in addition to Content-Type. Not all servers send the Content-Disposition though.
April 05, 2013 09:46AM
Do you mean Content-Disposition has higher priority than Content-Type (if there is C-D header, whatever C-T is, then that's the file to be downloaded) in cz.vity.freerapid.plugins.webclient.DownloadClient#processFileForDownload() ? If there are no negative effects, I think that's good idea, that way we don't have to explicitly declare possible C-T (text/plain, etc) right before downloading process (tryDownloadAndSaveFile()).

As for uloz.to, yes they send C-D header.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2013 09:47AM by tong2shot.
April 05, 2013 12:06PM
In browsers, Content-Disposition has the highest priority; the file is always offered for download when "Content-Disposition: attachment" is received, regardless of Content-Type. In FRD, I don't think we consider it at all at the moment. Probably worth changing for the next version.
April 05, 2013 12:47PM
Agreed.

"has higher priority" -> "should have higher priority" in my previous post. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

More over in FRD, we have advantage over browser : when we want to download file, we specifiy the download URL, not just common page request.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login