WordRider Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bbc.co.uk not working

Posted by gemcast 
bbc.co.uk not working
March 27, 2014 11:56AM
bbc.co.uk is not working for me and causes a program crash. Previous version works ok because it worked prior to last update

rd version 0.9u3
plugin 1.1.7
link:
[www.bbc.co.uk]

thanks for a great program, hope this is fixed soon!
Re: bbc.co.uk not working
March 27, 2014 12:14PM
Here is log file
Attachments:
open | download - app.log (13.3 KB)
March 28, 2014 01:10PM
BBC iplayer plugin v1.1.7 is working fine for me. I can't reproduce the case with or without proxy.

How many items do you have in the list?

You might want to try this.
March 28, 2014 06:26PM
I have a similar problem which seems to have started when the BBC revamped the Iplayer website.

I don't get a crash, just an instant error message. The log file reads thus

Fri Mar 28 18:20:37 GMT 2014 SEVERE:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: plug-in bbc.co.uk disabled internally as it wasn't properly initialized
at org.java.plugin.standard.StandardPluginManager.getPlugin(StandardPluginManager.java:206)
at cz.vity.freerapid.gui.managers.PluginsManager.getPluginInstance(PluginsManager.java:501)
at cz.vity.freerapid.gui.managers.PluginsManager.getActiveService(PluginsManager.java:574)
at cz.vity.freerapid.gui.managers.PluginsManager.getService(PluginsManager.java:547)
at cz.vity.freerapid.gui.managers.ProcessManager.execute(ProcessManager.java:165)
at cz.vity.freerapid.gui.managers.ProcessManager.run(ProcessManager.java:98)

I am using FRD 0.9u3 am BBC plug-in 1.1.7

Any thoughts?

Thanks
March 28, 2014 10:17PM
@geomannie
Make sure you also download the dependencies: rtmp and tor.

Edit: forgot to add geoip as dependency. So there are 3 dependencies for bbc iplayer plugin : rtmp, tor, and geoip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2014 10:07AM by tong2shot.
March 29, 2014 08:48AM
Thanks for tip on changing frd.bat, but unfortunately using bbc.co.uk still results in a "fatal error" message. If its any help ... when I upgraded from 0.9u2 to 0.9u3 (to try and solve this issue) the bbc plug was a previous version which initially worked. It wasn't until the plugin update to 1.1.7 that the error started again. This latest plugin seems to be less robust...

Meanwhile having to use get_iplayer which isn't as good.
March 29, 2014 10:19AM
@gemcast
Make sure you're running FRD by executing frd.bat. If the problem persists, you might want to reduce the number of items in the download list (the optimum number is <100).

The only change for the plugin is that the latest plugin utilizes Tor network infrastructure, because Tunlr doesn't work as it used to be.
March 29, 2014 11:49AM
@tong2shot

Success. Rebooted and ran frd.bat (as administrator just in case) and bbc.co.uk worked!
Thank you for time and advice. smileys with beer
March 29, 2014 06:28PM
@geomannie
Make sure you also download the dependencies: rtmp and tor.

Edit: forgot to add geoip as dependency. So there are 3 dependencies for bbc iplayer plugin : rtmp, tor, and geoip.

Hi tong2shot thanks for the advice but I am not sure what you mean. I have been using FRD for a couple of years with no problems until now. I'd be grateful if you could explain, or point to weblinks, which detail what rtmp, tor and geoip are, and how to download/install.

Thanks
March 29, 2014 09:57PM
@geomannie
rtmp, tor, and geoip are plugins.

How to download plugins:
Help > Check for new plugins.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login